PGE PROVISIONING ISY-994Izs

Walt N

Hi buidlerb,

I am so very sorry to hear. The first thing I recommend is upgrading to 4.2.10 (http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/13892-release-4210-rc4-is-now-available/). Once that's done, please make sure you clear your Java cache and go to:

http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/zs/dashboard.jnlp

Unlike the instructions, put 0000 for the Ext PAN ID and click Save.

If that does not work, please contact our support and we'll remote into your computer to see what may be going on.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok, not sure what exactly changed, but I gave up last night, came back this evening to try again, and it was working to get past that step. So I kept on going with the meter provisioning. PG&E's website now allow you to put in the info, so I did, and the ISY started scanning. But nothing happened in the PG&E window time, so I called their support line. They told me it's not a supported device, and they had no suggested solutions for me. He actually said that it had previously been a recommended device, but was not any longer due to some change. Seemed fishy to me. 

Anyway, since then I've upgraded the firmware and cleared the java cache. I changed the Extended PAN ID to 0000, but now I can't get the website to give me another shot at joining.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Edit:

Nevermind! The extended PAN ID seems to have done the trick. I managed to find the link to try joining again, and I appear to be paired with my meter at this point. Thanks for the help!

Hello BuilderB,

I would ask you to relay the same information to the POCO and ask to speak to a supervisor. Whether or not they document it for future reference isn't your problem.

But at least they can't say it doesn't work!

Good job, and thanks for the follow up and sticking it out to the end.

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

• 4 months later...

Hello

My smart meter has stopped communicating with ISY Dashboard. My electricity box indicates scanning and scan complete. I have been upgrading on a regular basis and did notice this issue some time back. I am interested now because of the new summary section. In the provision the meter box I tried setting the extended pan id to 0000 and clicking on binoculars, the search return with no available pans. It looks to me like my Isy can’t see the meter. Any ideas?

Thank you

Walt N

Hello

My smart meter has stopped communicating with ISY Dashboard. My electricity box indicates scanning and scan complete. I have been upgrading on a regular basis and did notice this issue some time back. I am interested now because of the new summary section. In the provision the meter box I tried setting the extended pan id to 0000 and clicking on binoculars, the search return with no available pans. It looks to me like my Isy can’t see the meter. Any ideas?

Thank you

Walt N

Hello Walt,

Could you provide a few screen captures for review?

Hello

Thank you

Walt N

Hi Walt,

I have the same experience (I'm about 30 miles north of you) with my PG&E Smartmeter.  Lost communication a while back.  Perhaps there's  an issue on their end that needs to be resolved.

Hi Michel and GuitarBuilder

The dashboard indicates scanning, joining, down. The Pan Id is usually available but sometimes not. The channel shows 0 usually; sometimes it will indicate 25 as it did when it was working.  I have been trying to reconnect on the PGE web page without any luck. I just spoke with Han support. Aileena  (hope spelling is correct) was very helpful. She turned the meter radio off and restarted it. Tried to ping the Isy numerous times.  We also tried a new install code, she did ask for a 16-bit code. She indicated that she has had some experience with this device. She did tell me that other ISY folks with a similar issue had to re-flash the device and then it worked. My current software is 4.2.22.  Would upgrading Zigbee firmware be a good idea?

Thanks for listening

Walt N

• 1 month later...

Michel,

I upgraded the Zigbee firmware, and have tried to re provision my device with pge several times. So far have not had any luck.

Today I installed 4.2.28 and was happy to see the changes.  I saw the new “Advanced Smart meter Configuration” and “Soft reset” require passwords that I do not have. Is there a place to learn more about this? I did read the warning text; I think I may fall into that category.

The install code is correct with pge’s new “Stream my Data Dashboard”. My ISY dashboard indicates “Scanning and Scan complete” The summary does not change. The extended pan id box is blank.

Pge’s web site does allow for configuration of your own device with out having to call, however once a device’s EUID is in place you can’t start over from scratch.

Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated. This smart meter thing is disappointing however I remain extremely satisfied with my Isy device.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

This topic seem to be quite old but I will try.

I just got and installed High Powered Zigbee Smart Grid (SEP1.1) Radio module for my ISY994i. Followed all the instructions from UDI and PG&E. Did not succeed so far. Devices (meter and ISY) are unable to connect. The ISY keeps scanning periodically.Talked to PG&E's support. They said that everything looks good on their side. PG&E also mentioned that some reset of my device is required and they used to do it but now they say that UDI wants to do it themselves. Can I get some info on that? The documentation mentions a soft reset ut a password id needed. The doc says the password is the same as for Advanced Configuration but I do not know where to get that password.

One more thing. There is an LED on the module. What is its function?

Thank you for help,

Sergey

Hello,

This topic seem to be quite old but I will try.

I just got and installed High Powered Zigbee Smart Grid (SEP1.1) Radio module for my ISY994i. Followed all the instructions from UDI and PG&E. Did not succeed so far. Devices (meter and ISY) are unable to connect. The ISY keeps scanning periodically.Talked to PG&E's support. They said that everything looks good on their side. PG&E also mentioned that some reset of my device is required and they used to do it but now they say that UDI wants to do it themselves. Can I get some info on that? The documentation mentions a soft reset ut a password id needed. The doc says the password is the same as for Advanced Configuration but I do not know where to get that password.

One more thing. There is an LED on the module. What is its function?

Thank you for help,

Sergey

OK. got it to work.

1. Read the doc carefully. it does say how to get into advanced settings. though it warns you "do not do it", you have to.

2. noticed in the thread the url youisy/rest/zb. after checking that isSEP="true" is there kinder forgot about it but refreshing it having no other ideas noticed that data appears there. correlated it to the other info and noticed my meter entry in there including Extended PAN ID.

3. when you are in the advanced configuration either use binoculars (be patient) or enter PAN ID by hand.

and it worked!

Archived