Release 4.0.3 Beta Is Now Available

andyf0-

I also am unable to reproduce your issue. What does the ISY show for details on your Swicthlinc Relay?

-Xathros

It's a SwitchLinc Relay w/sense V37. I'm not so much bothered about it showing 100% but when you highlight the line it shows in the pull-down at the bottom that it's checking for "Responding".

All my other programs seem fine.

Andy-

My Switchlincs range from v40 thru v42 and none with sense. I can't reproduce on any of mine.

-Xathros

Do you have other SwitchLinc Relay devices that do not have w/sense?

The SwitchLinc Relay w/sense has a unique cat/subcat (device type) value that none of us may be testing with. I was testing a SwitchLinc Relay, rather than a SwitchLinc Relay w/sense. Others may have been doing the same.

I checked and I have a bunch of these switches. I wrote the same program for a switch in a different room and it does exactly the same thing. If you change the program to test for "Off" after closing/opeing Admin Console it displays as checking for "Off" not 0% but if you highlight the line the pull down still says it is checking for "Responding".

Just noticed all my SwitchLincs are the same type and version.

Xathros, did you get to check the File Chooser issue on 10.7.5 yet?

I checked and I have a bunch of these switches. I wrote the same program for a switch in a different room and it does exactly the same thing. If you change the program to test for "Off" after closing/opeing Admin Console it displays as checking for "Off" not 0% but if you highlight the line the pull down still says it is checking for "Responding".

Just noticed all my SwitchLincs are the same type and version.

Xathros, did you get to check the File Chooser issue on 10.7.5 yet?

Hi Andy-

My schedule last night did not allow for that. I will attempt again tonight.

-Xathros

I have a GEM and ISY (without ZigBee) and after seeing the support in 4.0.3, I purchased the Brultech Energy Module.

Was that the correct course of action? Does the $100 ZigBee upgrade include the module and radio, or just the radio?

I do have a spare radio, can I install that?

Either way I'm not seeing anything for the GEM on the Energy tab currently. My plan was to use WiFi, the new DashBox and ISY GEM support.

Michel,

It appears that there is something flaky about the Venstar Fan status as it appears in the Admin console. All the other thermostat info is correct but the fan status is not being detected correctly.

Regards, Wayne

Hi wojo,

I have a GEM and ISY (without ZigBee) and after seeing the support in 4.0.3, I purchased the Brultech Energy Module.

Was that the correct course of action?

No, because without Zigbee you will not see all the channels.

Does the $100 ZigBee upgrade include the module and radio, or just the radio?

Includes radio and Zigbee related modules such as energy monitors and RCS

Which radio? Where did it come from?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Wayne, can you be more specific? Fan status never worked properly since the API didn't support it. What's changed in 4.0.3?

With kind regards,

Michel

All I can say is that its now flaky, to be honest I don't know when it began, could have been an earlier version but I noticed it yesterday evening. I upgraded yesterday to 4.0.3.

"Fan status never worked properly since the API didn't support it"

I'm a little confused by this statement/question, what does this mean? (Note: I understand what an API is but not the statement/question as a whole).

Thanks, Wayne

Andy, Michel-

I did some testing of the 4.0.3 console on MAC OSX 10.7.5 last night. There are still problems though slighty different that I found on 10.8.3. After the first two launches, any call to the file chooser locked the console just like on 10.8.3 however, after that I was able to request the error log multiple times with the result alternatine between proper operation and no response at all (not a lockup). After about the 10th test, the console locked again. This time however, I could still access the Quit option both from the MAC menu bar and the Java Icon in the dock tho neither successfully quit the hung console. After another Force quit/Relaunch, I was again able to request the Error Log with alternating success/nothing for another 8-10 cycles before it locked again.

Through all of this testing, I have had all 3 debug options selected in the Java Prefs and the Java Console Open at detail Level 5. After the initial launch of the console, I haven't seen anything else show up in the Java Console to indicate a problem.

Let me know if there is anything else I can to to help diagnose this.

-Xathros

Hi wwat,

Fan status is really not Fan Status but it's what you did to the fan THROUGH ISY. The real fan status is the Fan Node. This has been the case since time immemorial and there are no changes.

Xathros, thanks so very much for the detailed analysis and help. Are you using the Applet or JNLP? If Applet, which browser are you using?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi wwat,

Fan status is really not Fan Status but it's what you did to the fan THROUGH ISY. The real fan status is the Fan Node. This has been the case since time immemorial and there are no changes.

With kind regards,

Michel

Yep I understand that.

Okay, I'll tell you what was happening in the admin console and you can decide where we can go from there.

Had the admin console open and was trying to turn the fan on and off using the 'Fan State' selection list. However it seemed to have been

totally disassociated with the fan on the actual thermostat because it didn't work. I tried closing and re-opening the Admin console but that

didn't help. All the other thermostat properties were registering correctly in the admin console. I was also unable to turn on the fan from

any other program/device via API.

Its corrected itself now, so I can't reproduce the problem at the moment.

Regards, Wayne

Xathros, thanks so very much for the detailed analysis and help. Are you using the Applet or JNLP? If Applet, which browser are you using?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel-

Not quite sure how to answer that. Here is my methodology:

1) Clear Java cache (including applications)

2) Use Firefox to access https:///admin/admin.jnlp and save the resulting download to my downloads folder.

3) Double click the admin.jnlp that resulted from step 2 which downloads the admin to cache from my ISY and creates a desktop shortcut (Used from here on out)

4) Log in and test.

I think this means I'm using the applet but I had to use firefox to get a jnlp file to get the applet so...

-Xathros

Hi wojo,

Was that the correct course of action?

No, because without Zigbee you will not see all the channels.

Will WiFi ever be supported for all the channels?

I think I'd like to go ZigBee anyway though for reliability, so this may be a moot point.

Does the $100 ZigBee upgrade include the module and radio, or just the radio?

Includes radio and Zigbee related modules such as energy monitors and RCS

Is there a way I can use the $50 spent on the energy monitor as a credit towards what would have been the $100 ZigBee upgrade package?

Which radio? Where did it come from?

Got them from Adafruit. XBee Module - Series 01 (XB24-AWI-001). I have one installed in my ISY currently, the other via USB for poking and prodding via my Mac.

Ideally I could get GEM -> ISY & DashBox concurrently for a really reliable setup.

Hi Xathros,

Can you please clear your Java cache and try the following URL instead:

http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i/4.0.3/admin.jnlp ?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel-

I will try this tonight if I get home at a reasonable hour. I don't have anything on 10.7.5 to test with here at the office.

-Xathros

Hi Xathros,

Can you please clear your Java cache and try the following URL instead:

http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i/4.0.3/admin.jnlp ?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel-

I will try this tonight if I get home at a reasonable hour. I don't have anything on 10.7.5 to test with here at the office.

-Xathros

Actually that's what I use and see the problem. I download the admin.jnlp from the UD site and drag it into the dock.

Andy-

IIRC, You are on 10.8.3 as am I on most of my systems. Michel is testing at UDI with 10.7.5 and can't reproduce the problem. I have a 10.7.5 system at home that still seems problematic but haven't tested by pulling the admin direct from UDI yet. Hopefully I will have a chance to play with it this evening. I'll also give it a shot on Ubuntu and see what we get. That I can do here at the office.

-Xath

Hi Andy,

What does "drag it to the dock" mean? It should create a shortcut on your desktop.

With kind regards,

Michel

I believe he is simply duplicating the desktop alias into the dock. I do the same thing here. It still executes the same either way.

-Xathros