ISY Finder Error

sanders2222

I was hoping to do a little work on my ISY programs on my laptop this evening but I cannot get the console to open.

Whenever I try to open the Admin Console, I get a 'Not Found' error in the ISY Finder. I updated my Java version (v7.21), cleared the cache and used the jnlp links from this site. NADA.

Oddly, I can find the console from my desktop computer, and I can access the ISY from my android phone. For some reason, I can't get my laptop to find it. Anybody have suggestions on what I am missing?

Edit: Correction, I can no longer access the ISY from my desktop. I checked the ISY and the blue and red leds were blinking. I rebooted the ISY and it seems as soon as the thing resets, it reverts back to the blue and red blink. I assume red can't be good.

So I can't access it for control. And it looks like some sort of malfunction. However the programs that are in it seem to execute. Hmmm.

Hello sanders2222,

This means that ISY has a hard time getting on the network. Two causes:

1. Communications with the router including the cable and the possibility that the router is not letting ISY get an IP address

2. If you have setup your ISY with a static IP address, then the issue is probably IP conflict with something else

With kind regards,

Michel

This means that ISY has a hard time getting on the network. Two causes:

1. Communications with the router including the cable . . . is not letting ISY get an IP address

That was it. I discovered the network cable fitting was a bit worn. Consequently, it could not 'click' into its proper place. I think as I unplugged the power source with one of my re-boots, I moved the network cable just enough to loose the connection. DUH!

A new cable fixed that problem. Thanks Michel for the quick and correct answer to solving my issue.

• 1 year later...

Archived