IO linc woes

I have a setup similar to a garage door. I use an IO linc and I have a sensor.

I would like to send an ON command to the relay of IO linc to open the door and an OFF command to close the door.

I assume I have to set my IO linc to Momentary C.

Since my sensor is ON when the door is open, I probably have to set "Trigger Reverse".

However, it doesn't seem to work as expected (or I missed some configuration).

When I send an ON command to my IO linc, it does the momentary thing (close the relay for 10 sec), regardless of the sensor state. When I send the OFF command, nothing happens.

Any insight is very appreciated.

Bert2013

The I/O Linc Relay reaction based on On and Off commands and Sensor status has to do with the I/O Linc Relay being controlled with a Scene. Sending a Direct On command to the I/O Linc Relay always turns the Relay On, regardless of Momentary mode, regardless of Sensor state. All the information in the I/O Linc User Guide as far as how the I/O Linc Relay responds in the various Momentary modes applies only when the I/O Linc Relay is controlled with a Scene. In the Smarthome world the only way to control the Relay is with a Scene. Insteon devices (except PLM under control of an HA application) cannot send Direct commands. Control by Scenes is all a normal Insteon device (except PLM) can do.

Define an ISY Scene, assign the I/O Linc Relay as a Responder, turn the Scene On/Off.

Archived