Help with ISY and Motion Sensor Program

bjmyers

Hello everyone, I'm just getting started with this and ran into a snag. I am trying to use an Insteon motion sensor and switch to control my kids rooms. What I want to do is write a program so that the lights have to be turned on manually (without motion) but if no motion is sensed, they turn off after XX minutes. I spent multiple hours last night messing around with it and was able link them both with and without the ISY. I just can't figure out how to get the program to not turn the lights on when motion is sensed.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Brian

Brian-

First, you should not link devices outside of the ISY. The ISY will not be aware of those links and will eventually overwrite some or all of them. You should factory reset both the switch and motion sensor then restore device on each from the ISY (Assmuming that they were initially linked to the ISY).

Then for the programs, I think these will do what you want:

Program 1: BedroomTimer

If Status BedroomLight is On

Then
  Wait 15 minutes
  Set BedroomLight Off

Else

Program2: BedroomMotionResetTimer

If Status BedroomLight is On
  and  Control Motion Sensor is switched On

Then
  Run BedroomTimer If path

Else

The first program just does the countdown timer and turns off the light if on after the delay. The second program restarts the timer program anytime there is motion when the light is on.

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

Well... That worked as far as the timer turning the light off after the 15 minutes but it's not recognizing whether or not the motion sensor is on or off. I've tried both control and status and neither are working. The timer kicks the light off if the motion is "on" or "off". Any ideas?

Hello bjmyers,

Since your requirement is that the lights MUST be turned on manually, then all you need is:

If 
Control MS is Switched Off
And Control MS is not Switched On

Then
Wait 15 minutes
Set 'Lights' Off

Basically, if no motion is sensed for 15 minutes, turn the lights off. As soon as motion is sensed, this program turns false and exists till the next time no motion is sensed.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived