Cannot Get KPL Button LEDs to Sync

hyounker

As a brief recap, last week I really messed up my ISY somehow. I am in the process of completely starting over with my Insteon network. I did a factory reset on my PLM (2413S) and my ISY-99i.

Firmware/UI 3.3.10

I have reentered every device and set up all my 3 way and 4 way switches. All went well there.

But, this morning I have been trying to set up some controls for various things and I cannot get KPL buttons to behave correctly. As one example, I have two KPLs that I want to use to control our pool light. The pool light is wired to an InLineLinc. I have created a scene and added the InLineLinc as responder and one button from each KPL as controller. With this, I cannot reliably determine the state of the InLineLinc by looking at those KPL buttons.

This scene is something that worked perfectly for over a year prior to my catastrophic problems from last week. Am I missing something here?

I have the same problem trying to control our pool pump and our backyard DC lighting in the same manner.

Thanks in advance for any help.

hyounker

In reading some other posts, I think it reasonable to suspect that one might believe that I have communications problems, possibly between KPLs.

Here's some more details. One of the KPLs is on the main floor of the house in our breakfast area (BRKFST KPL) and the other is nearly right underneath the BRKFST KPL, in the basement (BSMNT KPL). The InLineLinc is outside in a watertight box, and again, worked perfectly for quite some time.

In an effort to prove that communications is not my problem, I added a button from each KPL to a 4 way light scene, both as controllers. In this configuration, the buttons/LEDs behave as expected. They come on and go off as the state of the 4 way light scene changes. I'm not sure if this proves that communications is okay or not.

Thanks again,

hyounker

Perhaps more detail will help in the analysis.

Can either KeypadLinc button turn the InLineLinc On and Off?

If yes is the problem that the other KeypadLinc button does not reflect the On/Off status established by the KeypadLinc turning the InLineLinc On and Off.

If both KeypadLinc buttons will turn the InLineLinc On and Off, neither KeypadLinc button will reflect the action of the other

Are there any Green Icons to the left of the KeypadLinc nodes

Can either KeypadLinc button turn the InLineLinc On and Off?

Both KeypadLinc buttons are able to turn the InLineLinc on and off successfully.

If yes is the problem that the other KeypadLinc button does not reflect the On/Off status established by the KeypadLinc turning the InLineLinc On and Off.

Yes, the problem is that the KPL buttons do not accurately and reliably reflect the on/off status of the OnLineLinc. If I turn the OnLineLinc on with the BSMNT KPL button, the BRKFST KPL button does not turn on.

If both KeypadLinc buttons will turn the InLineLinc On and Off, neither KeypadLinc button will reflect the action of the other

Correct.

Are there any Green Icons to the left of the KeypadLinc nodes

No. The only icon is the little "KPL" looking icon with the different color "buttons" on it.

That sounds like a comm problem between the KeypadLinc locations except you indicated two other buttons controlling a different load stay in sync which suggests a Scene issue.

Do a Show Device Links Table and Compare for both KeypadLincs. If either shows a mismatch (except for very last link record) do a Restore Device for that device. If the Compare does not show a problem then post the Show Device Links Table display. Need to see all the links in both KeypadLincs. The display can be saved as an XML file. Copy the XML file and post to the forum with all the XML tags intact if all the link records displayed cannot be posted as an image.

Do a Show Device Links Table and Compare for both KeypadLincs.

LeeG, I appreciate the help, but you are talking over my head on this one. Can you provide more details? I went to Button A of each KPL and right clicked, which gave me the "Show Device Links", and that pop-up offers a "Compare" button. But, I have no idea where to go from there. I've tried a few obvious things, but it didn't result in anything that looked usable to me.

Thanks again for spending some time with my problem on this holiday. Happy Memorial Day!

hyounker

Thanks. When the Show Device Links Table display completes (all link records read) the Compare button becomes active. When the Compare button is clicked a second popup is displayed. One of the popups will show the results of the Compare. Do all the link records match?

post-973-140474159599_thumb.jpg

When I right click on the KPL and chose Diagnostics / Show Device Links Table, I instantly get a new window. There is nothing displayed in this window, but I have several buttons available at the bottom of the window: Start/Stop/Save/Load/Count/Compare/Close

I do not see a list, as you have provided in your last post.

hyounker

I guess the Keypadlinc link database could be empty. Try a right click, Restore Device. I am concerned the AV like Kaspersky or Avast may be blocking the push of data from the ISY to the Admin Console so that there are actually records there but the data cannot be displayed.

I think there are too many questions that are developing, I think it would be better for you to open a ticket with UDI tech support. They can remote in and resolve things better than having to iterate so many possibilities.

Ok. Thanks for the help. Maybe I can relay the solution back here to maybe help others in the future.

LeeG, do you remember the problem I had last week that started all this? It was the problem where my programs with scenes would not work properly. You mentioned, with this latest problem, that AV might be a possibility. I'm still wondering if the new router is the root of this evil. Thanks again for your help.

hyounker

This morning, I have a slight change in symptoms.

It looks like the buttons on the two KPLs will remain in sync, if one of the buttons is pushed to turn the pool light on. However, if I turn the pool light on via RemoteLinc or the admin console, the KPLs do not respond, but the light comes on.

I've also noticed that occasionally, when creating a new scene, the new scene does not show up in the main list until I exit out of the admin console, then open it again. It doesn't behave like that every time, just occasionally. Not sure if that has anything to do with the other problem or not.

I have submitted a ticket for help from UDI, but thought I'd add this change here.

hyounker

Archived