INSTEON Wireless Thermostat Problems

jmed999

That is correct, it is running v.0B firmware. The comment about getting set point changes was more related to it being run by battery than what firmware is running.

Regarding being in Off mode when adding a tstat, I have not had any problems adding a tstat when not in Off mode but all the instructions posted by UDI state the tstat should be in Off mode when adding to the ISY.

Put the tstat in either Heat or Cool mode and see if set point change messages are sent. There are some things that cannot be changed from the ISY to the tstat when in Auto mode. Not sure about restrictions the other way.

Put the tstat in either Heat or Cool mode and see if set point change messages are sent. There are some things that cannot be changed from the ISY to the tstat when in Auto mode. Not sure about restrictions the other way.

I did this and the setpoint changes were not sent from the stat to the ISY. The ISY shows blanks for current state, hum, and setpoint temp.

What now?

Could be. Do other RF devices report state changes correctly from the same physical location as the tstats.

Yes these are sitting here in the center of my house with lots of dual band devices close. Other battery operation devices (remotelinc2) work great in this location. I could always sit these 1 foot away from the PLM and see what happens.

Thanks Lee! I saw that. I relinked my stats in the off mode and tried to put in master mode but they wouldn't go into master mode. The owners manual says it won't go into master mode unless part of a scene.

My hardware is version v1.3. The UD guys have been working with me and they have contacted smarthome to help. We'll see what they say. I have 8 dual band devices that work great within 10 feet in open air.

Sent using my Galaxy S4 and Tapatalk!

• 5 months later...

Archived