ISY994i upgrade not going well

wswartz

Installed my ISY994i upgrade replacing my ISY99i. Followed the instructions here:

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... r_ISY-994i

Made a backup, and restored it on the 994i; told it to use my original networking config.

- I've used a Mac and Firefox to run Admin mode on my 99i with no issues in the past. Found the new ISY and was able to navigate and get to restore my backup. After the first reboot with the old config on the new box, I got the following error:

The provided uuid does not match: /

- Found a forum topic on this and followed the suggestions with no help (delete java cache, reload system).

Gave up on the Mac and went to a Windows machine. Can't seem to get much to work there either.

- Says that my NTP is invalid (set to pool.ntp.org). No issues getting out on the network. Set to a known good internal NTP server gives error: Request Failed

- Synchronize Clock with Computer Time and Manually Adjust the Clock buttons both return errors: Request Failed

- Trying to set location using the Locate Me button. Gives proper lat/lon but when I hit OK, it says: Invalid Logitude

- Not sure what I hit to get this, but along the way, I got this dialog box:

Error:

[PLATFORM_ERRORS-7066] [iD 00B4: err=0, tag='id', num=22, nest=5, offset=10]

[PLATFORM_ERRORS-7066] [iD 00A4: err=0, tag='id', num=22, nest=5, offset=10]

- All my devices show up on the Main page, but nothing is showing status. Seems I am able to turn on/off lights from the interface.

- Tried the diagnostics. Event Viewer, Show device link table are blank.

Any thoughts why this isn't going so well?

Bill

EDIT: I removed the 994i and put my 99i back in place. Everything is running again. Will need to figure out what happened before I attempt a change again. Almost had a family revolt on my hands there for a bit ("Dad! Why aren't the lights working!?!).

The new 994i has a different UUID. You chose the old network settings. Did you set up the router to recognize the new UUID rather than the one associated with the 99i.

Since you went back to the 99i I suspect the answer is no. The correct answer was not to use the old network settings. Once up on the 994i then the network setting can be adjusted to what new definitions have been established in the router for the new UUID.

I did a factory reset on the 994i and reloaded my previous backup, this time saying that I didn't want to reuse my network config. One thing interesting here, even though I said not to retain the network settings, they were still there.

I still got the UUID errors in Firefox (after clearing java cache and restarting the browser), but switching to Safari seemed to work. From there, everything seemed fine. And after a few days of use on Safari, I tried Firefox again and it seems to be fine now as well.

Thanks,

Bill

Archived