wrong setting in scene

I have a KPL button triggering a scene that has a light at 0%.

The scene is set up right, and worked properly at the start.

When i trigger it from the computer, it's fine.

when I trigger it from the RL, it's good.

But when I trigger it from the KPL B button the wall sconces that should be at 0% turn on. The ISY GUI says they are off until I query it.

The wall sconces are the load on the same KPL. I've made sure that I've got all the controllers with the exact same attributes.

I don't think it's a stray link because I've airgapped them all recently.

Any Idea why and how to fix it?

Also I get a request failed when I log on to the ISY but it seems to do nothing. I click it off and everything seems fine. Anyone know the reason for this?

Drew

Hi Andrew,

What revision is your KPL? Revisions 1.4 and earlier did not allow you to set the on-level/ramp-rate of the KPL's load device separately when called from a secondary button of the same KPL. Later revisions do allow this.

Hi Andrew,

Yes, you are correct. The new KPLs do have the ability to set the on-level/ramp-rate for the local load, from a secondary button of the same KPL. Unfortunately, they have a bug that doesn't allow them to set that level to zero.

The workaround is to set the level very low (just a few percent), so the load appears off. Will that work for you?

I'll try to put the sconces (the KPL load) on at 15%. That'll probably just light the bulbs but not throw a lot of light, should look better if it works.

Thanks for the tip.

Also I get a request failed when I log on to the ISY but it seems to do nothing. I click it off and everything seems fine. Anyone know the reason for this?

Any reason for this issue?

I always have to authenticate my lighting twice because of this error message. It seems to work properly after that but I'd like it to not happen at all.

Any thoughts?

Drew

Hi Drew,

I see you are back up and running again. This is great news!

If you get request failed, then there could be three causes:

1. Your ISY is not connected to a PLM

2. You are using an older version of the client

3. You are using a firewall software which doesn't like ISY!

Please clear your Java cache and let me know if you still experience this issue. If so, please let me know which firewall software you are using.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

I'll try to put the sconces (the KPL load) on at 15%. That'll probably just light the bulbs but not throw a lot of light, should look better if it works.

Thanks for the tip.

Any reason for this issue?

I always have to authenticate my lighting twice because of this error message. It seems to work properly after that but I'd like it to not happen at all.

Any thoughts?

Drew

Archived