Controlling/programming "Compacta EZIO4O" ?

TanerH

Hello!

I use an EZIO4O to trigger my garage doors, but the device comes by default set to Latching mode for the Relay, and so that means I have to send an On, wait 2 sec, and send an Off.

Normally I wouldn't care too much about that, but the devices in my garage seem to not communicate very well with the rest of the house (it's a very long run of cable, and my Access Points seem to barely make up the difference), so I don't want them to be stuck "on" ever.

The EZIO4O can be programmed to be Momentary, but the programming software requires me to connect my laptop directly to the PLM, and I don't even have a COM port on my laptop, so I'll have to go find a USB-to-Serial adapter... etc...

So, my question is:

Is there any hope to get an [OPTIONS] button for the EZIO4O in the ISY admin console? :-) (similar to the one for the IOLinc)

I realize the EZIO4O is not actually produced by SmartHome (rather by "Smartenit"), but I had assumed there would be a way for the ISY to tell the PLM what to do to program it... perhaps not...

-Taner

Unfortunately we do not have any plans for those options in Admin Console.
Ahh, bummer...

Well, I had been thinking to re-do all the wiring to use the Relay side of the IOLincs I have monitoring the doors... it will just be a lot more/extra wiring. Ahh well :)

Thanks again,

-Taner