Yes weatherbug.. But what about..

mzn50

I was looking at implementing weather bug.. However.. My home is a distance from the reporting weather station..

Then I stumbled on NetAtmo Urban Weather Station.. It's a standalone in/out house weather station that rather looks interesting.. In fact with its IOS links to with my ipad or iPhone .. It's a rather cool device for those like me that like to check weather occasionally if not daily..

Then I wondered. Has there been any work on other local weather system that are in house and has anyone looked at implementing a link to it to the ISY..?

For those not aware of the NetAtmo Urban Weather Station.. I invite you to take a read.. It looks rather promising.. Although it does feed some of its data from a local weather station.. I'll be ordering one soon

If you have some computer running 24/7 in the house, and a lot of us are moving to a raspberry pi or other very, very low electricity cost devices, then you probably can make it serve as a middleman to your ISY and post values into variables.

I ASSUME, and we all know what that does, that you could post your data from the local weather station into the same variables the modules use, but Michel would have to confirm that.

Alan

Archived