994 Upgrade & SSL Certificate

ISYhbsh01

Hi,

I finally upgraded to my 994. I am trying to install a cacert.org certificate. I am doing all the steps till pasting the certificate into the receive cert. window, then I click ok which takes me back to the SSL Certificates Management window. Then according to the guide I need to click "save". But there is no save button there. The only choice I have other than the various certificate options & the cancel button is to click on the x on top which takes me back to the network settings window. That window does have a save button but it's greyed out. It seems that it's used only when making changes to the port settings and the like. When I x out from that window nothing is changed and the certificate is not installed. What am I missing here?

Thanks

Hi hbsh01,

I am so very sorry to hear. I think I know the problem which the same as the one for GoDaddy: the certificate is using SHA2 signature and throwing ISY off. If you don't mind waiting for our next Beta, in a month, then that's the solution. If you cannot wait, please send an email to support@universal-devices.com and we'll send you our alpha which has this fixed.

With kind regards,

Michel

I don't know how to check this if it's using SHA2, but a cacert.org had worked successfully with my ISY-99. I doubt the 99 supported something that the 994 doesn't. Moreover, my 99 was on firmware version 3.3.10 while the 994 was still on 3.2.6 when I made the switch and restored the 99 backup unto the 994. At this point the 994 worked fine with the old certificate from the 99. After I upgraded the firmware to 4.0.5 that's when I had to recreate the certificate using the dashboard instead of the old way thru the admin console & I have run into a problem.

I rather think that I am doing something wrong & am missing some obvious step here. What is normaly supposed to happen when I paste the certificate and click ok?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The following is from the guide on page 10 at the CSR request step:

"Make sure to click the Save button on SSL Certificate Management dialog once done."

However I don't have a save button on the SSL Certificate Management window. On page 8 of the guide there is an image of the SSL Certificate Management window with no save button there either.

Thanks.

Archived