Help with error/status lights on ISY 994i

flyboy001sm

Hello,

I have a new (just out of the box from SMARTHOME) ISY 994i Pro/IR and PLM 2413S and have a situation where all five status lights (including the error light) are on/steady. The user's manual doesn't reference such a case, and various recycling of the router, ISY, and PLM don't seem to fix the situation. As a last resort, I also did the factory reset, and that didn't change anything either. Wiring between devices should be good, as I have used an ISY 99i in the past without any trouble.

When I try to connect to the ISY, I can't get to the login screen. I have the latest JAVA, but when the Universal Devices Administrative Console launches I get two error dialogue boxes instead of the login box:

-- XML Parse Error http://192.168.0.4:53196/0/d.xml

-- Socket Open Failed java.net.ConnectException: Connection Refused: no further information

I assume the connection errors are the result of the ISY not properly initalizing, but wouldn't rule out two separate problems. Any thoughts/advice would be most appreciated... Or is my box DOA and in need of returning the same day it arrived?

Thanks.

Scott.

Hi Scott,

I am so very sorry. This is clearly an ISY that has not been programmed. Normally, I would have asked for you to get a replacement from SmartHome. This said, we need to get to the root cause of this unit not having been programmed but shipped. As such, would you be kind enough to send an email to support@Universal-devices.com with a link back to this post? We'll send you a replacement unit immediately.

Again, please do accept our sincere apologies. This should not have happened to begin with.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived