On but not Off

ISYNewBee

I've been using Insteon for years, with Houselinc software on my PC. I don't really like leaving my computer on all the time so I bought the ISY recently when it went on sale. I've plugged it in and it seems to have retrieved all the links in my devices, after I ran around the house and pushed the linking button on each device. I can turn lights on and off from the software interface, and I've looked through the scenes that it created and they seem to be good. I created a scene of my own for my Outside lights. These are all on Outletlincs. The low voltage transformer is plugged into the controlled outlet. I wrote a program to turn the lights on from Sunset + 30 minutes to 11:00 PM, same night. For some reason, the ISY will successfully turn on the lights at sunset + 30 minutes without fail, but it does not turn them off. I've found them left on every morning when I get up. I manually turn them off using the web interface.

Does anyone have experience in this arena? BTW, I had a corresponding event in the Houselinc software that worked flawlessly, but I disabled all of the events in Houselinc so the ISY should be doing everything by itself.

Thanks for your comments.

assuming the program is correct (and it sounds like it is), my first suspicion would normally be that the load (when on) is interfering with insteon communication. But...houselinc worked correctly? Was the houselinc device plugged into the same outlet as the ISY PLM?

Back to your program...is it too much to ask that you post it? Does your program have a statement in the ELSE path to turn off the lights?

Post your program.

You probably made the classic mistake of not putting a "turn off the lights" command in the else clause.

For example

If
       From     6:30:00AM
       To      11:00:00PM (same day)

Then
       Set Scene 'Christmas Scene' On

Else
       Set Scene 'Christmas Scene' Off

ISY logic is that "from" time triggers the program and runs "then"

and "To" time triggers and runs the "else"

Archived