Friday the 13th - Everything On?

switches

Trying to figure out why pretty much every device in my house just turned on to 100% including my garage door opening - and it happened a couple minutes past Friday the 13th so I can rule that out ;) I have no programs or scenes that affect everything. I turned a scene on with a remotelinc and I believe it happened within a few seconds after - the remotelinc scene only has 4 devices not the ~40 that turned on. One of the devices that turned on is a Lamplinc that is not part of any scenes and isn't part of any program that has run since before my last ISY restart. With the exception of one 2-wire dimmer switch all these devices have performed nearly perfect for many months.

There is no record of these devices turning on in the log. I have never had anything like this happen before. The battery flashed low in the remotelinc after this happened. Any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks!

I had it happen a few years back, when the "My Lighting" "device" was activated in the ISY. This was caused by that overall setting / feature (it's the equivalent of "all my Insteon" got exported to position A1 in my Elk, and an X10 motion sensor with a dying battery started transmitting it. Happened in wee hours of the morning, which caused serious WAF problems. My guess is something in the remote activated that in your case. UDI created a setting to disable it after my incident. Look at your Admin page and I think it's there. I never did think we needed such a "device", because it causes this type of problem.

• 3 weeks later...

This just happened again - the same as I described in my first post. Again, nothing in the logs and every device in my home turned on to 100%. This time a Remotelinc had not been used. I few minutes earlier I just finished setting up Mobilinc for remote access on a new phone and tested it. And a motion sensor may have gone off around the same time. I don't have a "My Lighting" device/scene as madcodger suggested.

Any guess are appreciated as I'm concerned this could happen when I'm out now?! Currently the garage door opens when this happens too.

Both times I've been active in the home and both times were early in the morning (although still off by 1.5 hours). Trying to sort out other similarities...

Thanks for any help!

Hi switches,

There had been a few of these cases a while back and were mainly due to programs that use motion sensor status to change the status of a KPL backlight. Do you have any such programs and, if so, are there any indications in the log that corroborate the time when this happened?

If so, please send an email to support@universal-devices.com and we'll hook you up with SmartHome engineering team as they would probably want you to test another PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 1 month later...

Also sounds similar to what a few of us noted here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11367

Agreed with Michel on ruling out some of the easy items first, such as program interaction.

Please do post back your followups as I still have not sorted out my root cause of "all on events" (all insteon network with many key pad lincs). Curious to hear any info.

thx

Junkycosmos

Archived