Can't arm Elk M1G, but they are communicating

nicholscd

Hi, I believe I have followed the instructions to integrate my isy994i and my elk M1 but I can't get the alarm to arm.

I have followed the instructions from the wiki: all the settings seem to be correct, the firmware versions seem to be adequate. I have successfully refreshed the topology. I have rebooted the M1, the exp, and the isy. RP is not connected.

The ISY994i is aware of the M1; it has loaded the zones, keypads, etc. But I can't seem to arm or disarm the elk. The zone dropdown is empty and pushing the arm, disarm, or elk console buttons don't do anything.

I have a attached screen captures that hopefully will help.

post-5734-140474160282_thumb.png

Hi,

Yes, I did have a username and password set on the exp. I have removed those, rebooted both the exp and the isy994i, but the condition hasn't improved. Is there diagnostic information that I can capture that would be helpful? The only line in the error log is:

Time User Code Message

Wed 2013/09/18 10:46:48 AM System -5012 28

Thanks again.

You might send a support request by email if Michelle doesn't pick up on this in the forum.

You have all of your settings the same as my system except that I am having user 1 be the ISY. I don't think that should make a difference, but you could give it a try.

The typical problems are having the "access" box checked in the user setup on Elk, and having a username/password on the xep. It would seem that you have neither of those.

Are you able to arm/disarm via other programs or from the java console that Elk provides?

What about using ISY to set outputs or perform other tasks on Elk. Does this work?

You have all of your settings the same as my system except that I am having user 1 be the ISY. I don't think that should make a difference, but you could give it a try.

My Elk is similarly configured to work with an ISY-994i, as User 5, without any problems.

Thanks for trying. I'll send the email you suggested.

I am not able to do anything with the virtual keypad of the M1EXP, but it never really worked for me. The keypad in ELKRP2 works fine to arm/disarm.

I am able to control the outputs of the Elk M1G through the ISY994i, for example I have my sprinklers connected to the Elk and I'm now able to turn them on/off from the ISY994.

ok, I stumbled upon the fix.

I only have one Area in my system and the field for an Area name was blank. Note in the screen captures I included from the ISY994i applet that the area name dropdown is also empty.

Once I entered a name into the system via RP2 and then refreshed the topology using the applet, it worked fine.

That you can't have a password set, per your earlier reply, is something you should add to your wiki. But this thing about the area name... I dunno. Maybe I'm the only person that never plugged one in.

Archived