isy99i stops responding after several minutes

LarryS

Hello

I have an isy99i that stops responding to network and presumably insteon commands after a few minutes, after restart.

Based on several other posts is this forum, I have opened up and reseated the SD card. That did no do much, so I replace the PLM with a new 2413S PLM. Still no go. Short of actually replacing the isy99i, what else should I look at?

(Side note: For those upgrading to the 2413s PLM you will need a power supply adapter, I found that the same adapter used on the small black DSL verizon modem works perfectly :D )

Thanks Lee for the suggestion, however it did not change anything. I was able to disable all programs but still it locked up over time.

In fact I purchased the isy994i and a new PLM, and restored a backup and same thing happened.

I can get it to boot for about 5 mins, but any intense interactions cause it to lock up. (Like query all, or load programs.)

Kinda stumped here and am at a loss on how to find the issue; now seems to be more software/programming related.

If all the Programs confirmed the action by showing Disabled that would eliminate a loop.

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. See if perhaps a device is flooding the network with traffic.

You have eliminated the ISY hardware and PLM as the cause.

I will check that. I did look at events log at level 1, but not 3. Seemed pretty quiet at 1.

I have to contact my client to check that out.

Keep in mind there is about 80 devices, and 250 programs.....so I expect it to be kinda busy anyway.

No, not through UI function. I don't think that would be possible. Program references to devices are by an internal ID not by node name. Using the device definitions that do not match Program definitions taken at the same time could lead to incorrect device references by Programs.

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is a little old now but what was the the outcome of this. Did you ever get the problem solve as I am having a very similar problem with my 99i. I swapped PLM's and the problem did not go away. I also restored my isy to no avail .

i have ordered a replacement 994 but really am not sure that is my problem either.

Archived