Newbie question about PLM for ISY-99i

pisabell

Hello,

I am new to the Universal Devices world and I am planning to buy a used ISY-99i. I checked the manual and it says that I need either a 2412S or 2413S Insteon PLM.

But I wonder about the serial port thing. Apparently this is not for connecting the PLM to the ISI because an ethernet connection is provided for that purpose. So this may be because there could be a need to connect the PLM to a computer. However, my computer does not have any serial port. Should I rather get USB PLM? Does this matter from the point of view of connecting the PLM to the ISY-99i? Would a 2414U work OK with the ISY-99i?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

Quick Start Guide shows the serial port connection to the ISY99i and the Network Connection on the ISY99i

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... tart_Guide

The PLM connects between the serial port on the ISY99i and the serial connector on the PLM.

The ISY99i is accessed by its network connection.

Also the older 2412S supplied power to the ISY99i through its serial connector. The 2413S does not have the power on the serial connection and you also have to use the ISY99i's external power input connector.

The ISY99i's firmware had to be frozen at 3.3.10 and all future firmware updates are for the ISY994i series only. So support for new model modules will not be in a ISY99i's firmware.

No a 2414U PLC will not work.

Archived