How to program between calendar dates of A to B

Gizmo78163

If you are looking for something where the year is a wild card, then ISY doesn't have that built in. The above program by Lee works for this Christmas season only. If you want to add wild cards for all of the different date functions you need to download this set of programs and install as indicated. Otherwise you need to do what Lee did with multiple "if" statements for as many years into the future as you would like to have this program work connected by "or". (If from a to b date, or c to d date, or e to f date, etc)

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... _Variables

Thanks, guys! I have been using Indigo on my Mac desktop and wanted to migrate away from the "computer on all the time mode," and also integrate this into my new ELK M1 panel as well. I can see I've got a steep learning curve ahead of me, and the UDI Wiki is just so large I didn't know where to start. The link to the "calendar" variables is spot on.

Certainly the link above to ISY-99i Generic Calendar Using Programs and Variables is best. Here's a simple less precise solution I used to enable irrigation in the summer but it's effectiveness varies depending on your distance from the equator (North of the 49th parallel our summer days are much longer than our winter days). A holiday is probably a lot harder to pinpoint this way but works fine for a season - ha.

If

Time is Sunrise

And From 1:00:00AM

To 6:30:00AM (same day)

Then

Enable Program 'Backyard Irrigation'

Else

Disable Program 'Backyard Irrigation'

Certainly the link above to ISY-99i Generic Calendar Using Programs and Variables is best. Here's a simple less precise solution I used to enable irrigation in the summer but it's effectiveness varies depending on your distance from the equator (North of the 49th parallel our summer days are much longer than our winter days). A holiday is probably a lot harder to pinpoint this way but works fine for a season - ha.

If

Time is Sunrise

Then

Else

Switches...

Nice! Really creative.

Pick a time of the year. Determine when sunrise is at that time of year. Use that sunrise time as the limit of your time condition.

I may steal this idea.

If

Time is Sunrise

Then

Else

Switches...

Nice! Really creative.

Pick a time of the year. Determine when sunrise is at that time of year. Use that sunrise time as the limit of your time condition.

I may steal this idea.

That is a clever solution. You might run into DST issues depending on the exact dates.

Archived