ISY 99iPro communications

I have started to have numerous communication issues with my ISY 99i. I would appreciate any help which might lead me to a solution. Initially I suspected that my PLM was the cause so I replaced it. It has not resolved my problems. My system is 3 yrs old and has operated without communication issues. No changes have been made within the house (new appliances, etc). I have 4 Access Points in each corner of the house plus 30 or so devices. A couple months ago I installed filters on two air cleaners. I have tested the system with both air cleaners OFF in order to see if they were creating noise. This has not resolved my issues.

The problems are;

1. Difficulty communicating with switches/dimmers. This is on both sides (phases) of my house. I can remove and install the devices but communications is an issue. I cannot write or restore these devices once I have a successful install.

2. My battery switch devices such as motion sensors, wireless open/close sensors and water leak detectors can be restored but then communications with these devices is almost non-existent. These devices are installed in all areas of my house.

3. Programs operate OK. However, with some switch/dimmer devices the ISY will show the "On" status but will not update to show the "Off" status even though the device has switched off per the program. This problem is not universal with all devices.

4. When I manually turn off some lights the status does not update.

All suggestions are appreciated.

I installed the new PLM per your instructions. Everything is now working as previous with 2 exceptions.

I have (2) ELK-9200 Heavy Duty Relay Contractors on the same circuit. They control my pool equipment motors. I can manually turn each on/off via the ISY control panel or MobiLinc. When I attempt to write updates I get a message that the ISY can not communicate with the devices. I have deleted and reinstalled the devices and the problem persists.

This equipment has been installed and running without issue for about 18 months. I did not find the Elk 9200 listed in the ISY equipment list when I installed the device so I used Auto Discover. The ISY selected 2456S3 ApplianceLinc V42.

Any suggestions?

The Elk devices are relays that are wired inside cabinets by the manufacture and mounted on the wall. They cannot be moved. This is a 220V application. They are sold by Smarthome and can be found on their site as Elk 9200 Heavy Duty Relay Contractor.

Sorry...I misunderstood.

How about getting an extension cord and temporarily plugging this into another circuit, and temporarily powering the PLM from this extension cord. Perhaps this would provide better communication during the programming phase.

The ELK 9200 Heavy Duty Relay Contactor has to be controlled by a Insteon or X10 appliance type module.

You are seeing the 2456S3 ApplianceLinc as that is what is controlling the 120 volt AC relay in the ELK9200's case or its AC cord is plugged into an ApplaiceLinc.

The thing I like most about this forum is that really knowledgeable people are available to provide quality answers to folks like me who are real novices. I always find that the "experts" are very patient in working with us to find solutions.

In my case above, I forgot about the ApplianceLinc. Hence, the suggestion that I move it closer to the PLM was indeed, the correct solution. All is well once again in my lighting world.

Thanks to everyone who makes this place a great source of help.

Archived