Upgraded PLM. Now programs no longer work.

D2HnGA

I have an ISY99PRO/IR. I wanted to try to get my system working a little more reliably so I just updated my PLM to the new dual band version. I also added a few new dual band switches around my house. I unplugged the old PLM and plugged in the new one and then did a "Restore PLM". Unfortunately, some of my programs have stopped working and I'm stumped to what could be wrong.

For example, I have the following program that turns on several KPL buttons when any of the lights are turned on and will turn off the KBL buttons if they all are off. This worked fine with the old PLM and still works if I adjust any of the lights via the Administration Console. It does not work if the switches are turned on at the switch and the Administration Console doesn't show the status change if I adjust the switch locally. It's like the PLM is not seeing the changes made locally to the switch so the program never runs.

Any ideas on what could be the cause of this problem?

Thanks!

If
       Status  'Basement / Basement.Keypad-1:Outside' is not Off
    Or Status  'David's Office / David.Desk' is not Off
    Or Status  'Family Room / FamilyRoom.MainLamp' is not Off
    Or Status  'Formal Dining / Dining.Chandelier' is not Off
    Or Status  'Formal Living / Formal.TableLamps' is not Off
    Or Status  'Formal Living / Formal.FloorLamp' is not Off
    Or Status  'Formal Living / Formal.Bookcases' is not Off
    Or Status  'Foyer / Foyer.BackLamp' is not Off
    Or Status  'Foyer / Foyer.Chandelier1' is not Off
    Or Status  'Foyer / Foyer.Chandelier2' is not Off
    Or Status  'Foyer / Foyer.FrontLamp' is not Off
    Or Status  'Foyer / Foyer.OutsideLights' is not Off
    Or Status  'Kitchen / Kitchen.CabinetLights' is not Off
    Or Status  'Kitchen / Kitchen.CooktopLight' is not Off
    Or Status  'Linda's Office / Linda.FloorLamp' is not Off
    Or Status  'Media Room / MediaRoom.BackLamps' is not Off
    Or Status  'Media Room / MediaRoom.CanLights' is not Off
    Or Status  'Media Room / MediaRoom.RackLights' is not Off
    Or Status  'Media Room / MediaRoom.TableLamps' is not Off
    Or Status  'Upstairs Hallway / Upstairs.Hallway1' is not Off
    Or Status  'Upstairs Hallway / Upstairs.Hallway2' is not Off
    Or Status  'Upstairs Hallway / Upstairs.Hallway3' is not Off

Then
       Set Scene 'All Lights - Status' On

Else
       Set Scene 'All Lights - Status' Off

The ISY needs to be power cycled after changing the PLM so the ISY knows the PLM has been changed. Changing the PLM requires many link records in ALL the devices (including the PLM) be changed so the devices are sending the state change messages to the correct device and the PLM will received the messages.

The ISY needs to be power cycled after changing the PLM so the ISY knows the PLM has been changed. Changing the PLM requires many link records in ALL the devices (including the PLM) be changed so the devices are sending the state change messages to the correct device and the PLM will received the messages.

Thanks, Lee. I have power cycled the ISY since updating the PLM. I've also moved it to different locations within my house to make sure it wasn't a signal issue so it's been powered down and back up. I'm sure you're right that the link records are not pointing to the right place, but I'm not sure what step I'm missing to restore them properly.

The Restore Modem (PLM) has to be issued after the PLM and the ISY have been cycled. Physically changing the PLM does not alert the ISY to the change. The new PLM does not tell the ISY it is new. Try running the Restore Modem (PLM) again and if that does not resolve things run File | Restore Devices.

Hi Lee,

I just tried Restoring the PLM once again (twice, actually) so let me make sure I'm seeing the correct behavior. When I perform the Restore I get the standard progress popup dialog. It says it's "Resetting the PLM" then runs from 0% to 2% then the dialog goes away. This takes about a minute to complete. Is that what I should be seeing? No "Complete" or "Done" message?

Thanks, again!

"This takes about a minute to complete."

A minute could be okay. Depends on how many devices are defined, how many Scenes are defined, etc. The PLM activity is happening over the Serial interface so things run pretty quick. If things are not working after the Restore Modem (PLM), run File | Restore Devices.

Archived