Use KPL button to run a program?

AgentAR9

Is there a way to use a KPL to run a program?

For instance, if I create a program to monitor various things at the house when no one is home can I enabled that program by pressing a KPL? If I am home on a random day, I wouldn't need to receive text notifications for various things, so I thought it would be easier to enable/disable the program at the KPL rather than have to log in to the admin console and enable/disable it. I know I could set the program for specific days of the week and times, but I am thinking about unplanned days I could be home sick or if my husband is home unplanned.

In this case, if you only have 1 button and it is never called via another scene, then using "If status" is ok.

However, if you introduce other things that could turn this KPL on and off, you'd probably want to use the "If control" instead. That way, only physically pushing the KPL button will kick off the program.

For instance, I have a "Away" button on 2 KPLs, 1 at each door. I can hit either of them, and kick off my "Away" program, which uses the "If control" method. That program will turn off both KPL (to keep them in sync or if I ran from a mobile app). If I used the "If status" it would run twice, nearly immediately. Once when I hit the first button, and again when the ISY turns off the second (note, it might be fast enough the program runs to completion or it might be interrupted). In my case, running twice might cause issues with my alarm system commands, etc.

Archived