Leak Detector Question

toflaherty

I just set up two insteon leak detectors on my ISY-994i. I verified they were both working correctly by placing them in water and removing them from the water. Leak Sensor-Dry and Leak Sensor-Wet respond accordingly. I also noticed that when pressing the button, the -dry and -wet switch states. If the sensor is dry, and you push the button, dry = off and wet = on, then after 10-15 seconds it returns to dry = on and wet = off. A while later, when I logged into my ISY, I got error messages saying "Cannot communicate with Leak Sensor-Dry (address). Please check connections."

I understand that with these leak sensors they go into battery save mode and shut off RF, and only turn RF on when a state change is detected, so it kind of makes sense there would be no communication, but is there any way to avoid this error message every time I log into my ISY? Also, it seems strange that I only get this error message for the -dry node, not the -heartbeat or -wet.

Thanks for any help.

Well it appears that I somehow fixed my own problem. After pressing the button on both of the sensors again to wake them up and toggle the wet status on/off, then rebooting the ISY, I'm not getting the error message that there's no communication with the dry node of each sensor anymore. Weird.

Archived