differences between ISY994xxxx models

dgeist

I'm looking at the ISY994 series for my home and am having trouble deciphering the differences in models. So far, I'm leaning towards a ISY994iZS/IR Pro. From what I can tell, this includes all base functions, the IR compatibility, the "pro" support features and device count, and Zigbee "Smart meter" support. I'd love to use the smart meter element of the system, but primarily I want the Insteon, serial, IR, and network functions. Does the SmartMeter zigbee radio still work in a backwards-compatible with CE devices such as the GEM energy monitor? Also, is there a grid or chart anywhere that explains all the features of each model and compares between them?

Thanks.

Dan

Thanks for the link. I'd seen that one and it seems to explain everything except the wireless part. Zigbee is mentioned as a component that can be installed and there's a link to the ZWave beta, but no details regarding the capabilities of either. I'm fairly new to wireless HA, so I don't know what's implied without it at least listed. Are the Zigbee and ZWave modules mutually exclusive or can they both coexist in the chassis. Is there a difference in interactions with consumer devices such as the Brultech monitor series if I get the model with "smartmeter" radio?

Dan

Correct!

Or, basically any two protocols including Zigbee + Z-Wave but NOT INSTEON.

I'm confused, now...

You're not talking about dual radios, right? The only way one could presumably do that is with one onboard radio and one serial interface (to which the insteon PLM is usually attached), yes?

Dan

Archived