Multiple sensors. Sensor change. Scene remains on?

icerabbit

Something still is not right with the program or how it is interpreting things.

Left yesterday morning, came home at lunch time the lights were still on, they did not time out.

Got up this morning, the lights are on, 9AM they're still on ... well beyond sunrise.

Certainly not something I can have with nnn watts of outside lights on.

( And the flashing is just ... on or more will detect you as you enter the room, then second detection n or nn seconds later they either go wild or simply flash again. )

In the ISY main screen when clicking on a sensor, the membership windows are blank for responder and controller.

Same for their siblings low bat and night sensor.

1E.45.BE is the dual band PLM

sensor 1 : had to reset, would not link, now only has one line

sensor 2: 6 link lines ... some of which I don/t recognize

sensor 3: 3 lines all pointing to 1E.45.BE others to its own sensors

I can't figure out to read nor post these xml files legibly here. Was going to do a screenshot with three link tbles and the main screen, but that popup window is single instance, next sensor you pick replaces the results ...

I'm thinking I better start over with these sensors.

Do I factory restore each one, remove from isy (somehow), then add them back in?

Each Motion Sensor should have three links that start with E2 and point to the PLM. Like the first three link records shown here in blue

M2-Sensor / 27 B5 10 1

0FF8 : E2 01 1E.45.BE FF 1F 01

0FF0 : E2 02 1E.45.BE FF 1F 02

0FE8 : E2 03 1E.45.BE FF 1F 03

0FE0 : A2 01 27.B4.FC 03 1F 01

0FD8 : E2 01 27.B8.15 03 1F 01

0FD0 : A2 01 27.B8.15 03 1F 02

0FC8 : 00 00 00.00.00 00 00 00

Those shown in Red should not be there and likely came from pressing the Set button on another motion sensor or another device while the motion sensor was still in linking mode.

If 27.B4.FC and 27.B8.15 are the other motion sensors and they do not have anything in the Membership list then deleting the motion sensors, doing a factory reset and adding them back to the ISY being certain to take the motion sensor out of linking mode before moving to the next.

If either 27.B4.FC or 27.B8.15 are not motion sensors then those devices will have to be cycled as well because they will also have links that should not exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Lee.

Time I report back on the progress. I gave it some extra time to check the stability.

I removed the sensors in software and reset the individual sensors to factory condition. (not the easiest with one hand - thanks smarthome - how about a remote command or stick a pin somewhere for 5 sec soft reset, 10 sec factory reset???) Then added them back in one at a time, a day apart, and verified their link table as you stated.

Result:

NO more rapid blinking.

Scene works. After several days of testing, apart from one possible fluke where the lights were on at 8AM, the scene seems to turn off as it should.

One additional feature I would like to see in the program is, that if additional motion signals are sent, that the countdown timer in the program is reset, or additional time is given, whether a repeat of the default or an extra five. So if the scene is set for 10 min. Extra motion resets the 10 or adds 5.

Right now, in the test setup, there can be additional motion anywhere in the two minute programmed span - like at 1:55 in and the lights turn off 5 secs later.

I did also identify I must have a bad sensor. There's one that doesn't blink and refuses to go into linking mode after a short period of operation. Swapped in an even newer battery. The thing is dead as ... During reset procedure red light does not come on after holding the button and reattaching the battery.

For the Program timer to be restarted, set the Motion Sensor to On Only commands. Each additional On command from more motion sensing will retrigger the Program establishing a new Wait cycle.

If Control 'ms1' is switched On

Then

Wait 5 minutes

turn Off device

Else

If an ISY Program that is turning the lights Off check Programs | Summary for Last Run Time and Status (True/False) to see when Program was last triggered and whether the Then or Else clause ran.

Also post the Program.

If a motion sensor Dusk.Dawn node is turning Off the lights then look at the ISY Log to see what happened.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this.

The lights are on again this morning??? Seems to happen about once a week that the program/ISY/??? gets hung up in the morning.

7:30 AM lights are on (still on at 8:15 at the time of this posting)

Sunrise is 6:46 sunset is 17:33

Program summary:

Motion

Enabled ON

Activity IDLE

Status FALSE

Last Run WED 2014/02/19 07:45

Last Finish WED 2014/02/19 07:45

Next Scheduled Run WED 2014/02/19 17:03

ID 000A

Program copy below:

Note - I haven't fiddled with it yet to keep it running longer, accept additional motion input or run it by dusk/dawn.

If
       From    Sunset  - 30 minutes
       To      Sunrise (next day)
   And (
            Control 'M1-Sensor' is switched On
         Or Control 'M2-Sensor' is switched On
         Or Control 'M3-Sensor' is switched On
       )

Then
       Set Scene 'Motion Response' On
       Wait  2 minutes 
       Set Scene 'Motion Response' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

So two questions:

Why does the program run past 'sunrise'?

Why does it not shut off the last detected run?

There is other controller for the test setup (no remotes, buttons, iPad/iPhone software)

It is still the test setup with two lamplincs and two lamps.

Only controlled by the program above.

Which controls the motion scene, that only has two standing lamps in it.

The Program triggers (runs) every time there is motion sensed, at Sunset-30, and Sunrise. If not in the sunset/sunrise time bracket the Program evaluates False and runs the Else leg. If Sunrise happens while in the 2 minute Wait the Set Scene Off will not execute because the Program is triggered with a False evaluation and runs the Else leg. Put a Set Scene Off in the Else leg.

In addition to what Lee said above, the solution to this problem is to move the then section to a separate program to avoid the wait interruption at sunrise.

Your Current Program (Modified):

If
       From    Sunset  - 30 minutes
       To      Sunrise (next day)
   And (
            Control 'M1-Sensor' is switched On
         Or Control 'M2-Sensor' is switched On
         Or Control 'M3-Sensor' is switched On
       )

Then
     Run Program 2 Then Path

Else

Program 2:

If

Then
       Set Scene 'Motion Response' On
       Wait  2 minutes
       Set Scene 'Motion Response' Off

Else

This will resolve the issue unless you are having comm problems with the lights. Run a few scene tests to see if you have reliable comms with these lights.

-Xathros

Archived