Control your Nest Thermostat with the ISY *Multi-Thermostat*

abuttino

You want eventghost to run outside your home to report isy changes?

This plugin isn't set up for SSL but you could try using the non-ssl port. The only way to guarantee safety is to make sure you are on some VPN tunnel (at the eventghost machine) before you tried this, otherwise, you could expose your password.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

You want eventghost to run outside your home to report isy changes?

Correct. I have it running in my home but wanted to throw on a server at the office. I can always set up my VPN again. Just didn't know if you had the plugin working over SSL.

Make a new macro and add action eventghost node, Python script

Put this in it the script window:

autoaway = eg.globals.MainThermostatName + "_Auto Away"

print eg.plugins.Nest.get_object(autoaway)

Press apply then put the thermostat in auto away mode, however you do that. Then, press test when it goes into auto away. Tell me the value it has and I'll write you an additional macro based on the value.

I've never used this because I use Geofences for away mode setting.

Paste this in the Macro "Input ISY Variables Here" inside the "Setup" folder. Then, edit the value of this new item called "Input AutoAway ISY Variable Here" by double clicking on it and pressing ok after you enter the variable value :)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

pVar.SetGlobalsVar(u'AutoAwayVar', u'65')

Paste this in the "Macros (Do not delete or edit)" folder

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

EventGhost.PythonScript(u'import urllib\n\ntargettherm = eg.globals.MainThermostatName + "_Auto Away"\nfinalstr = str(eg.plugins.Nest.get_object(targettherm))\n\n\nprint finalstr\nurl = \'http://\' + eg.globals.IsyUserName +\':\' + eg.globals.IsyPassword +\'@\' + eg.globals.IsyHostName + \':\' + eg.globals.IsyPort + \'/rest/vars/set/2/\' + eg.globals.AutoAwayVar + \'/\' + finalstr\nurllib.urlopen(url)\n\n')

I'll have these macros and actions added to my next release, but I'm not going to release a special version just for this... It is just too small of an addition.

Now, you get to answer a question for me... Why, pray tell, do you need this? lol... Of the hundred items that you can get from the Nest, this was a weird one :)

I'm going to try and test later today. Also incorporating the latest nest plugin for eventghost.

Now, you get to answer a question for me... Why, pray tell, do you need this? lol... Of the hundred items that you can get from the Nest, this was a weird one :)

I want to graph what the time difference is between my true away and auto away is. I'll send some emails to ifttt.com and trigger a google spreadsheet with a date/time entry for the two times, away and auto away.

I'm going to try and test later today. Also incorporating the latest nest plugin for eventghost.

I want to graph what the time difference is between my true away and auto away is. I'll send some emails to ifttt.com and trigger a google spreadsheet with a date/time entry for the two times, away and auto away.

Dragon470 is waiting for your reply over on the Evenghost forums. :)

My nest plugin is working but with the new nest Alpha I now get this error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
          Python script "5", line 5, in 
            ambtemp = str(eg.plugins.Nest.get_object(targettherm))
        TypeError: __call__() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

New scripts coming! These include weather reporting to the ISY for conditions and outdoor temperature. If you need others, please let me know.

Choices are:

Humidity, wind speed (mph/kph), length of day, and temperature in Celsius.

After testing is complete, I will release these publicly.

If you want to get in the testing team, let me know by using the private message system.

I decided to implement a beta testing program after the last week. With everything constantly changing at nest and the constant stream of additions to the Nest plugin... It's better to keep the new features in testing until every wrinkle has been ironed out.

So, if you like to be on the bleeding edge and can suffer with a couple errors, join the team now :)

And.. A shout out to my current beta team that helped me get this plugin/scripts rolling again. Thanks!

The reason that the plugin stopped working is because Nest changed the cipher suite.. I was able to use a Python library called m2crypto to upgrade the plugin. Dragon470 (original developer) fixed the rest.

The speed of the new plugin is just amazing. Witness it by opening the app on your phone while changing the SetTemp variable. Hint.. Before you press enter to accept the variable, put your finger on the enter key and watch your phone/tablet as you press enter...

These new additions will be released in the morning.

Enjoy!

Archived