Help with water shut off valve needed

EricK

Are there any issues with supplying power to the relay for an extended period of time?

Also, how do I set the iolinc up in ISY? Does it need to be continuous? Will there always be 12v going to the WSV?

The plumber is planning to install the WSV2 outside in a sprinkler control box. Any issues with this?

1) Shouldn't be, however, you can wire the valve for normally open or normally closed. In other words, if you expect the valve to usually be on, then wire it so that the relay coil is off when you want the water on. It all comes down to the red and white wire. Apply power to the red to close it; white to open it. So with a double pole relay, connect the normally closed side up to white if your valve is expected to usually be open, or vice-versa.

2) Yes, there will always be 12v going to the valve. Although you could shut the power off once it is open or closed all the way, but there is no reason to do this and it would only add one more switch. It has 2 control wires which act as both the signal and the power for the actuator. You apply 12v to one side, it opens; apply 12 v to the other, it closes. There are no springs or anything else opening and closing the valve, so if you cut power, it will just stop where it is.

3) I have the original wsv. It is not a waterproof item. The wsv2 lists "outdoor" in it's spec sheet, so I guess that means it has some resistance to getting wet. But I would still take great care to keep it dry. A sealed sprinkler box that is above grade should do the trick.

Archived