Java Compatibility / Security Exception

jimthompson

So wen I try to fire up the control panel, I get a pop-up that says:

SecurityException - Missing required Premissions manifest attribute inmainjar: HTTP://isy/web/insteon.jar

Clicking on details gives me this -

Asking for details gives me this ... any clues?

Java Plug-in 10.51.2.13

Using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot Client VM

User home directory = C:\Users\xxxxxxx

----------------------------------------------------

c: clear console window

f: finalize objects on finalization queue

g: garbage collect

h: display this help message

l: dump classloader list

m: print memory usage

o: trigger logging

q: hide console

r: reload policy configuration

s: dump system and deployment properties

t: dump thread list

v: dump thread stack

x: clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to

----------------------------------------------------

Invoke Java from OS Control Panel. Select Security tab. The Exception Site List is one of the fields on the Java Security tab. The newest Java update has a new requirement that is satisfied with 4.1.2 or it can be satisfied by adding the ISY IP address to the Exception List.

• 3 weeks later...

Well spoke too soon. UD environment is not responsive. Very very slow to react. Nothing to see when I click on programs.

Looked at Java preferences, tried to empty the caches, ... gets hung up when you try to do that.

Tried to downsize the cache size from 32GB? (WTH ?!) ... gets hung up on that too.

OS X 10.9.1 with Java 7 update 51. Fully up to date.

Oh what a great start of the morning. Not.

If your cache was actually at 32Gb, it might take a minute or two for the empty cache process to deal with that. Not sure as I have never tried to clear that large a cache!

If you can't get past that, download and install Onyx and run it's maintenance routines. It will clean up lots of things including the Java cache.

http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloadonyx.php

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

Thanks.

This system has actually one of the faster SSDs so it shouldn't take much. Dumping the trash is a matter of seconds. Plus this particular system (new baby) hardly has done any Java duty, so I don't see why it would have a lot to empty either.

I've tried changing the preferences several times, gave it some time, even rebooted, tried again. I can't resize the cache nor empty it. I think it is bugs in the preference panel. Haven't researched it yet [ way too many other issues of all kinds to sort out ] I filed a bug report with Oracle on the matter. For one thing there is no reason the cache should be by default maxed out at 32000+ MB.

It did however solve the sluggish UD interface and give me access inside programs.

I'm familiar with Onyx. Hadn't thought of it in relation to this issue.

Archived