2441ZTH

paauto

I received my 2441ZTH wireless thermostat and 6v external power supply today but am having problems linking it and using it the way I intend. What I would like to do is simply use it to monitor the humidity in my house and, if the humidity dips below the set point, trigger an IO Linc in my furnace room that in turn triggers my humidifier to turn on. The current humidistat is on the cold air return on the furnace and does not properly control the house's humidity.

The IO Linc in isolation is working fine. I can turn it on and off via the ISY and the humidifier turns on and off.

I set up the 2441ZTH (including adding the 6v power supply) and linked it to the ISY. Three separate devices show up on the ISY: Cool, Heat and Main. The Main device shows the current temperature and humidity. There does not appear to be any way to make changes to the 2441ZTH via the ISY. Changes appear to need to made locally on the device. To that end, I set the low set point for the humidity at 40% (the current humidity in the house is 30%) and I set the activation delay at the minimum of 2 minutes. I then followed the instructions to link the low humidity trigger (Scene 4 on the 2441ZTH) as a controller to the IO Linc. I did this manually by putting the 2441ZTH in pairing mode and then pairing it with the IO Linc.

The IO Linc does not show that it is a responder to the 2441ZTH though. And, when I change the humidity set points the IO Linc does not respond.

Any thoughts?

Creating Set button links is not good with the ISY. The ISY is not aware of these links and will eventually overlay or delete them. That is why the links do not show under the ISY. The ISY does not support the Humidity Scenes.

Thanks. After my original post I went back in and did a factory reset on the thermostat and IO Linc and started over. I then set up a program on the ISY using a humidity threshold as the trip point to turn on the IO Linc (which in turn controls the humidifier). It seems to be running great, holding humidity spot on where I want it.

So, all is well but for the fact that I order two of the thermostats (I have two zones in my house) and the second one's external power circuit does not appear to be working. So, I'll return.

Take care.

I just checked the ISY's log and the thermostat is dutifully updating the humidity status every minute and the program I wrote then sets the IO Linc to the proper setting. Aside from creating a massive amount of entries in the log, is this ok vis a vis the traffic it creates on the network and also the impact of turning the IO Linc on or off every minute? Will it prematurely wear out physical components (e.g. the relay in the IO Linc)?

I just checked the ISY's log and the thermostat is dutifully updating the humidity status every minute and the program I wrote then sets the IO Linc to the proper setting. Aside from creating a massive amount of entries in the log, is this ok vis a vis the traffic it creates on the network and also the impact of turning the IO Linc on or off every minute? Will it prematurely wear out physical components (e.g. the relay in the IO Linc)?

You could slow the response down by using separate timing loop(s), testing variables used as semaphores sent from the thermostat triggered programmes

There are reports on the Smarthome forum that the 6V power supply can result in the thermostat generating a flood of humidity messages. One user changed to a 5V supply, one user added a diode in the + leg going to the thermostat to lower the 6V power closer to 5V.

• 2 months later...

I have the v.0D firmware version in use for the last few weeks now and it appears to work fine.

- The Humidity updates every 60 seconds regularly.

- Temperature (current) and reports by exception ie. every change

- Heat and Cool (soft contacts) calls report by exception.

- ISY contains actions that do not (and possibly cannot) work with 2441WTH version alone. ie. Synchronise Time, Setpoint Up/Down 1 deg.

- I tried the unit with a 5.7vdc and 5.0vdc adapters and can detect no reporting or feature/frequency of reporting difference.

- Wireless (only) range is really good even through a shop, in a separate building, completely covered by metal roof and foil coated insulation (joints foil taped). Commercial radio reception is almost impossible there. Three windows need to be near line-of-site. I have since added a LampLinc as a powerline repeater for the flakey MS communications that have a worse wireless range.

- Local temperature only displays integer degrees with no Celsius option despite sending 0.5 F resolution. Peeve: temperature reporting exceptions are not always on 0.5 degree change.

**ISY Feature request: temperature store into variables and setpoint(s) set from variables **

Archived