Basic help needed

Jay M

I can always get things to work, but not always as well as I'd like.

I upgraded to the 994ir pro. When I restored my backup, all the devices were there, but not the programs. That's ok because I want to have a bit of a fresh start.

What I can't seem to wrap my head around is how all the Insteon devices relate to one another.

For instance, a keypad button can control a switch, and I assume that the switch can also control the led on the button. How does that relationship relate to the isy?

If I want a timer to turn on that switch, I assume that requires the isy, or something like it.

So specifically, here's one little thing I want to do:

Have a relay switch on and off the Malibu lights in the front yard in a number of ways...

1. At dark, have them turn on every day

2. At 2am have them turn off

3. If I press an all lights off button, I want them to turn off

4. I also want them to have their own on/off button.

That on/off button's led should always reflect the on/off state of the lights no matter how they have been turned on and off.

What scenes and programs will I need to accomplish this?

Thanks,

~Jay

Jay, I'll take a swing. I recently made the move from smartlinc to the isy, could not be happier.

First, create a scene called "Malibu lights" and add the malibu light switch and the Kpl button for the lights to the scene as controllers.

For 1 and 2:

if time is sunset
To 2am (next day)
Then set scene "Malibu lights" on
Else set scene "Malibu lights" off

3. Add the malibu light switch and kpl button to an "all lights off"scene. Make the all lights off button a controller of the scene and Set the button to non toggle off.

4. Done with the"Malibu lights" scene.

Note, for the all off scene it does not matter what the on level response is set to, since the devices will turn off in response to the all off command.

I hope this helps.

Eric

Jay,

Yes, two scenes. One for the lights, "Malibu Lights". The second is "All Lights Off".

When you add devices to a scene as a controller they appear in red in the main tree. You have to make sure the responder levels for each controller is set. Clicking on the scene name shows the on levels if the ISY triggers the scene. Clicking on a red device name shows the on level if the device triggers the scene. There is a button to copy attributes from the scene name/ISY trigger. Create folders to organize things.

Eric

Archived