ISY 994i stopped connecting via DHCP

jimd60

I can not connect to my isy. There is no entry in the DHCP list on my router for it. I have power cycled both devices to no avail. The router see other devices on the network. The isy network connection has a green light if not plugged in I get the red error light but once it sees the router it turns off. So it appears to be talking (or thinks it is) but I can not find it.

Will a factory reset potentially fix this? I am holding off to see if the programs run this evening. I hate to have to buy another on of these already. Any ideas?

Hi jimd60,

I am so very sorry to hear.

If you have a blinking error light, then please try re-seating the SD Card. If you have both error and mem blinking simultaneously, then the problem could be that there's an IP conflict.

If you have configured your ISY with a static IP address, then factory reset might fix it. This said, make sure you have a good backup before doing a factory reset.

If all else fails, please do not hesitate to contact our tech support (links below).

With kind regards,

Michel

No error light. Network cable has green light by port. Program worked and turned lights on and adjusted for daylight savings time. Still can not find the address. I did not assign one as I have been using DHCP. That is what is making it frustrating as I have no way to get to it.

I will contact tech support - thanks.

Archived