MobiLinc Update for Android?

pyrorobert

Hello Wes,

I haven't heard anything lately for the update for Android, will it happen anytime soon?

I am hoping it is included much of the features that you add on the IOS side. Will it include more icons to show different types of exterior and interior lighting( Porch lights, table lamps, etc.) . Also under my programs, allow for icon changes and better advanced options like the IOS features.

Thanks,

Robert

• 1 month later...

Wes,

Would you please supply a realistic timeline on when we can expect to see an update for Android MobiLinc that supports Elk and Zwave?

Will there be any other improvements?

Posting stay tuned or soon is not very informative. If we had an approximate timeline we would be able to make informed decisions about waiting for the next version.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

I think the lack of a response was a response. Android simply does not seem to be a priority. Perhaps mobilinc thinks the revenue isn't there to justify the resources but doesn't want to come out and say it for fear of alienating those who use the android application. Many of us feel there is a large enough android base and eventually something will come out that speaks to that.

Hi Folks,

We are working on completing the next Android version, however, I can't comment on a timeline or feature set. There are a few required items left to do that are not 100% in our control that is holding us up moving forward. We are working on addressing these, but again, and my apologies, I don't have a timeline that I can comment on with certainty.

Wes

Wes,

Giving us no clue about any possible release date or features is very disheartening. Your user support continues to be excellent, but the lack of Android development support is making me seriously consider another platform. Especially considering I need to start adding Z-Wave devices...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi Jim,

I do understand. We don't want to promise anything that we can't deliver on (or have a low probability of achieving). A few users have emailed us directly about Z-Wave support in Android and I can confirm that Z-Wave is implemented and working in the next Android release.

Wes

• 3 weeks later...

I really wish us Android user had another option besides Mobilinc. With the new weather update (4.2.4) the weather doesn't show up correctly on the app. I'm sure it will be a loooong time before it's straightened out. I'm still waiting for Z-Wave and Elk now weather updates.

Archived