Problem with Primay load controled by Secondary KPL button!

Illusion

I made a scene called "All Off"

I selected the KPL primary load, the KPL.C secondary, some switchlincs, a swithclinc relay, an appliancelinc and added them to the scene.

I made everything a responder except KPL.C which is the controller.

I set KPL.C as non toggle in "Off" mode.

I use the KPL.C button. All loads turn off....Except the KPL Primary load?

I restore device. Same results.

I air gap the KPL for 20s. Same results.

Interestingly, the KPL main load indicator LED goes to the "Off" position when KPL.C is pressed. Sometimes in the ISY GUI it shows as "Off" even though the light connected to the KPL is still on.

I should be able to do this, right? I understand that I cannot assign a different ramp rate and level from the local settings, but the light should still be turning off at the local rate, right? There is no such thing as a "Off" level, is there. It almost seems like the KPL has a 100% off level when the KPL.C "All Off" button is used. :cry:

Illusion,

Aha! What version of KPL do you have. Only KPL versions 1.6 and above support this feature AND none support OFF. So, what you would have to do is to use an onlevel of 2%. We still do not know if this has been fixed in later releases of KPLs (if any).

With kind regards,

Michel

I made a scene called "All Off"

I selected the KPL primary load, the KPL.C secondary, some switchlincs, a swithclinc relay, an appliancelinc and added them to the scene.

I made everything a responder except KPL.C which is the controller.

I set KPL.C as non toggle in "Off" mode.

I use the KPL.C button. All loads turn off....Except the KPL Primary load?

I restore device. Same results.

I air gap the KPL for 20s. Same results.

Interestingly, the KPL main load indicator LED goes to the "Off" position when KPL.C is pressed. Sometimes in the ISY GUI it shows as "Off" even though the light connected to the KPL is still on.

I should be able to do this, right? I understand that I cannot assign a different ramp rate and level from the local settings, but the light should still be turning off at the local rate, right? There is no such thing as a "Off" level, is there. It almost seems like the KPL has a 100% off level when the KPL.C "All Off" button is used. :cry:

I think we may be misunderstanding each other here.

I want the light to turn off when I use the all off button. It is not turning off.

All I want to do is have KPL.C be an all off button that includes the KPL Primary load. Are you saying that that is not possible on a KPL below version 1.6?

It is a version v.2C in the ISY. If you need the actual version number I will have to pull the switch plate.

I think we may be misunderstanding each other here.

I want the light to turn off when I use the all off button. It is not turning off.

All I want to do is have KPL.C be an all off button that includes the KPL Primary load. Are you saying that that is not possible on a KPL below version 1.6?

It is a version v.2C in the ISY. If you need the actual version number I will have to pull the switch plate.

Hello Illusion,

Yes, that is correct, that it is not possible on early versions of the KPL. Even on newer versions, a KPL secondary button can not actually turn the same KPL's load OFF--though it can turn it on and set its level. So the workaround is to have it set the lowest possible level (1% or 2%). Give this a try; if it does not work, it is likely that you have an older KPL.

Yea, I have sliders for the other devices. I have the slider for the KPL Load in the Scene (the one that occurs when the ISY triggers the scene) just not in the list when the secondary button is selected.

I guess I should mention... I am running v2.6 of ISY. I know all you guys grab the betas the minute they come out, but this has been working fine for all my purposes so far.

Yea, I have sliders for the other devices. I have the slider for the KPL Load in the Scene (the one that occurs when the ISY triggers the scene) just not in the list when the secondary button is selected.

I guess I should mention... I am running v2.6 of ISY. I know all you guys grab the betas the minute they come out, but this has been working fine for all my purposes so far.

Illusion,

That is very strange. If your KPL is indeed v1.5 or above, you need the beta firmware for it to be properly recognized. Please do confirm the KPL version.

Illusion,

If you do not have a slider for the load when the sub button is selected, then for sure you do NOT have a KPL version that supports this feature (or we have a bug).

With kind regards,

Michel

The KPL in question is v1.65. I removed the cover plate and confirmed this.

I did a factory reset and restore on the KPL with the same results. Pressing the KPL.C "all off" button tuns off all loads and the LED load indicator on the KPL but not the KPL primary load (the actual light).

I removed the KPL load from the scene and manually tap linked the KPL.C secondary button to the KPL load and everything works fine for me this way. The KPL.C turns off the load as I wished. The only problem with this arrangement is that the ISY and the real world are not in sync, and of course now I cannot use the restore function on that KPL or I will loose control of the local load.

Michel, I can confirm that I do not have a slider for the load when the sub button is selected. Of course now that I have removed the load from the scene I am not supposed to, but before I pulled it out, I re-confirmed that I had no slider for the load.

I don't believe features of the newer KPLs are supported in this release. Please let Darrell or Michel confirm, but I think you'll need to upgrade to the beta firmware.

I don't believe features of the newer KPLs are supported in this release. Please let Darrell or Michel confirm, but I think you'll need to upgrade to the beta firmware.

That is correct. As I wrote in a previous post, if your KPL is v1.5 or above, you need the beta firmware for it to be properly recognized.

However, that does not explain why your current firmware is properly managing your v1.65 KPL (except of course for the above mentioned anomaly), which is what I find strange.

Okay, so I guess that issue was a compelling enough reason to jump on the beta. 2.6.6 and all is well. It does everything I wanted to.

Darrell, I would not say that 2.6 was properly managing my 1.65 KPL. In light of how quickly the KPL responded properly with 2.6.6 I would say that in fact 2.6 was not interfacing well with the 1.65 KPL. While it did turn some lights on and off, sub button programing with the KPL Load in it never worked even close to right.

Thanks for you help everyone. Now I guess it is time to figure out how to talk to this box from the internet. I am off to give myself an education.

Archived