Is it possible to link a keypad to an ISY?

ahwman

I currently have a make-shift security system using Insteon motion sensors and open/close sensors coupled to an ISY-99i. That said, I would like to add a keypad whereby when the security system is armed and a sensor is tripped, the occupant has 30 seconds to enter a code which is then authenticated by the ISY. If correct, the ISY disables security, if incorrect it trips a siren and sends me a text message, etc. Is this possible?

My shopping list would be:

• Keypad of some sort

• I/O Linc to power/activate siren

• Siren

I appreciate any thoughts on this...

The 99i is End of Life. Check the UDI web site for the upgrade offer to a 994i. KeypadLincs cannot be added to a 99i as SmartLabs changed the device identifier (cat/subcat) of KeypadLincs well after the 99i firmware was frozen.

The 99i is End of Life. Check the UDI web site for the upgrade offer to a 994i. KeypadLincs cannot be added to a 99i as SmartLabs changed the device identifier (cat/subcat) of KeypadLincs well after the 99i firmware was frozen.

Let's say I was to upgrade to the 994i, would this be possible? Can you suggest specific equipment to accomplish this?

Do you have an actual security system or the ISY is performing as a security system?

Search the Smarthome site for siren. Several will be presented. My security system runs on 12v DC so any small 12V DC power supply will power the siren. The KeypadLinc Relay is the simple choice since no load is being controlled. There is only one I/O Linc.

Whether an ISY can do this depends on who manufactured the security system if there is one.

Do you have an actual security system or the ISY is performing as a security system?

Search the Smarthome site for siren. Several will be presented. My security system runs on 12v DC so any small 12V DC power supply will power the siren. The KeypadLinc Relay is the simple choice since no load is being controlled. There is only one I/O Linc.

Whether an ISY can do this depends on who manufactured the security system if there is one.

Can a KeypadLinc communicate with an ISY-994i? Ideally, one would enter a security code using the keypad and then the ISY would authenticate it and respond accordingly... I don't have a security system so this method would take the place.

Thank you for the help,

Chuck

The Keypadlinc is not a numeric alarm style keypad and was not designed with that usage in mind. That said, I do remember someone on this forum using one that way a year or two back. It would take a number of programs and timers to watch the keypad and validate the button sequence. If it comes down to it, I'm sure I could create a series of programs to do this for you.

-Xathros

The Keypadlinc is not a numeric alarm style keypad and was not designed with that usage in mind. That said, I do remember someone on this forum using one that way a year or two back. It would take a number of programs and timers to watch the keypad and validate the button sequence. If it comes down to it, I'm sure I could create a series of programs to do this for you.

-Xathros

Thanks so much for the kind offer, however it sounds like a lot of work for a hacked together solution since it's really not designed to do this.

Archived