X10 module is triggering 74551

jrd

I am having a problem and hope someone can help me please, I have a isy994i with a few x10 modules to control my outside lights. My carport light is set to A1 and when I trigger it ,it triggers my gates that uses a 74551 module. What could I do to keep this from happening?

74551 is the Garage Door Kit and uses the 2450 I/OLinc.

We have seen some Insteon modules ship with test links and X10 addresses in them.

You may want to factory reset the I/OLinc to remove any test data left in them when they shipped and restore its databese through the Administrative console.

You did do all the linking through the Administrative Console and not using manual link button routines?

I am having a problem and hope someone can help me please, I have a isy994i with a few x10 modules to control my outside lights. My carport light is set to A1 and when I trigger it ,it triggers my gates that uses a 74551 module. What could I do to keep this from happening?

Just as aside, I always try to avoid house code "A" and in particular code "A1".

Almost all units, when new, were shipped with A1 as the default device code. Any neighbour buying some X10 devices online may be interfering with your "A1" addressed device.

Archived