Cant get any programs with time to work

kccustom

Trying to do a simple program to send an x10 command after sunset if a zone is violated.

It works perfectly if I dont use times.

If

Time is Sunset

And Elk Zone 'Utility Room' is Violated

Then

Send X10 'D10/On (3)'

Wait 6 minutes

Send X10 'D10/Off (11)'

Else

Wait 7 minutes

Send X10 'D10/Off (11)'

What am I missing?

The

If Time is Sunset

is True for only 1 second of time, exactly Sunset. To cover a range of time, say from Sunset to Sunrise then use

If From Sunset

To Sunrise (next day)

And the violation condition .......

or

If From Sunset

For 2 hours

And the violation condition .......

Thank you that makes sense to me now, in the elk rules I could just say after dark and it would work.

From sunrise to sunset is what you would say in ISY. It offers a lot more flexibility because you can do sunrise/sunset plus or minus a period of time of your choosing. At sunset it is still quite light for another 10 or 20 minutes, so you might want your outdoor lights to wait a few minutes. On the other hand, inside the house you might want the lights to come on a few minutes before sunset.

Also, please note that the "wait" clause in your programs will be stopped if the elk zone changes state and the program will start all over from scratch. So, if the wait is partially complete and you open or close that zone, the program will just stop where it is and start all over.

Thank you that makes sense to me now, in the elk rules I could just say after dark and it would work.

From sunrise to sunset is what you would say in ISY. It offers a lot more flexibility because you can do sunrise/sunset plus or minus a period of time of your choosing. At sunset it is still quite light for another 10 or 20 minutes, so you might want your outdoor lights to wait a few minutes. On the other hand, inside the house you might want the lights to come on a few minutes before sunset.

Also, please note that the "wait" clause in your programs will be stopped if the elk zone changes state and the program will start all over from scratch. So, if the wait is partially complete and you open or close that zone, the program will just stop where it is and start all over.

It is working perfectly now. Didn't think about the program starting over but I think I like it that way.

Thank you!

Archived