My SwitchLinc dimmer not working properly..

espann

I just installed a switchlinc dimmer switch, but after doing a factory reset on it the lights connected to it come on and go off repeatedly without me touching anything! And this was before I linked it in the ISY. Furthermore, the LEDs on the switch paddle are off until the lights cycle back on, then the LEDs cycle up and then off. Shouldn't the LEDs be always on, at least at some level? It is possible that I didn't wire it correctly, but I did follow the start guide and hooked the white wire to what I thought was a neutral bundle in the wall box. I did link it to my ISY and I can query it.

Try using an incandescent in place of the CFL. Many CFLs give Insteon dimmers a problem.

WOW! I took out both the old incandescent bulbs, replaced both with cfl's, and now it works! Apparently the old bulbs were causing some sort of problem? I don't know but thanks for your suggestion, which caused me to experiment with the bulbs.

Try using an incandescent in place of the CFL. Many CFLs give Insteon dimmers a problem.

WOW! I took out both the old incandescent bulbs, replaced both with cfl's, and now it works! Apparently the old bulbs were causing some sort of problem? I don't know but thanks for your suggestion, which caused me to experiment with the bulbs.

Well I guess I spoke too soon. After a couple of cycles on and off its back to doing the same thing, coming on and going off, repeating that cycle indefinitely..

Have you verified. You have a good Line and Neutral power connection?

How does it act with NO load on it? Does the LED Bargraph still act strange? All the ones I have seen. The lowest LED is always On when the device is in the Off state.

After you did the Factory Reset. The Set Button did pop out to its normal position and is not stuck all the way in?

Have you verified. You have a good Line and Neutral power connection?

How does it act with NO load on it? Does the LED Bargraph still act strange? All the ones I have seen. The lowest LED is always On when the device is in the Off state.

After you did the Factory Reset. The Set Button did pop out to its normal position and is not stuck all the way in?

Yes the set button did pop back out.

But I discovered something about this switch: During the rapid ramp up to ON, I double-tapped the OFF paddle and it stopped cycling and stayed off. Then I pressed the UP button and let it go before it reached 100% on, at about 76%. Then pressing the OFF button then hitting the ON button once, it goes to the preset level and doesn't cycle. And I can turn it on/off from the Administrative Console. However sometimes now when I query the Switchlinc it reports can't communicate with the device, and I have to query it again and it will then report the state of the device. But otherwise it seems to working, sort of..

Archived