Thermostat - What are the options that WORK w/ ISY-994iz or ELK M1

telljcl

Want to be able to control 5 thermostats via either ELK or ISY, but would prefer ISY.  Have Honeywell VisionTouch 8000 units now that I've liked a lot, but want the same functionality plus conditional and / or direct remote control.

It seems that there are long lists of issues with a number of the options currently available - anyone have any success stories?

And regarding Honeywell's wifi touch unit (looks just like me VisionTouch 8000s) - any way to talk to these via ISY or ELK? Not really interested in just "an app" to control it - want to be able to write programs to modify basic operation depending on this that or the other.

I'd prefer reliable non-automated thermostats to ones that connect with my home automation that I can't depend on to work reliably 99% of the time, FWIW.  Not looking for something to tinker with any more than I'm already tinkering!

Thanks!

Thanks!

So the Honeywell z-wave touch panel unit is supported and all features work 100%?

My ISY 994 unit came with the Zigbee radio, but is the Z-wave add-on radio out of beta at this point and where do I get one if it is?

Is the Z-wave range acceptable?  I have 5 thermostats placed around the house, only 1 would be anywhere near the ISY unit (maybe 25', through several walls).

Thanks again,

Chris

Chris-

You can't have ZWave and Zigbee both in the same ISY.  Assuming you are pulling the Zigbee radio and installing the ZWave radio, 25' will likely work as long as you get the external antenna with the ZWave radio.  You will likely need other ZWave devices to build up a mesh to expand from there.  The AOTech repeaters seem to work and are an easy way to extend out the ZWave network.  Some Stats also act as repeaters - not sure about yours.

-Xathros

I have two of the RCS thermostats that are linked in the prior post and like them.  They are zwave and appear to be fully functional with the ISY.  I have programs that turn them off when the Elk is armed away and then turn them back on upon our return in addition to various hot and cool settings based on time of the day.

Archived