PLM doesn't seems to work

hec

I purchased a new PLM 2413S about a month ago and have been experiencing problems with programs not running for turning my devices on and off.

I had previously done a PLM restore which did not seem to have much of an effect. Today I unplugged both the ISY994i and the PLM. After 15 minutes I plugged the ISY in and 15 minutes later the PLM. When I opened up the Administrative Console, I was in safe mode so I tried a PLM restore. I got the following message:

"Failed resetting the PLM   [-200000/-30]"

I then rebooted the ISY and the PLM Restore seems to have run.

Do I have a defective PLM or is there some other diagnostic method I can try to return my system to working?

Power was applied backwards.   Plug in PLM first.   Then power the ISY.   When the ISY is powered it looks for a PLM.   If not found the ISY enters Safe mode.  The PLM does not indicate its presents when finally powered so the ISY is not aware the PLM has come online.

Thanks Michel,

I actually remembered that.  The OP had said:

I plugged the ISY in and 15 minutes later the PLM

Hence my reply.

-Xathros

OK, thanks for that info.

I have plugged in the PLM and the ISY in that order and am still having a problem. If I go to 'Show PLM Links Table' and click on Count the number shown is '0'.

When I attempt to 'Restore Modem (PLM)' the dialog box comes up and closes within two seconds. I attempted to reset the PLM by holding down the set key for 10 seconds and it did not help.

What else can I try?

Select Tools / Diagnostics / Show ISY Links Tabls.

That should give you a popup list of devices to select.  Pick a device.  Are any links shown?

Do you have a recent ISY backup?

-Xathros

Select Tools / Diagnostics / Show ISY Links Tabls.

That should give you a popup list of devices to select.  Pick a device.  Are any links shown?

Do you have a recent ISY backup?

-Xathros

Done, the popup list of devices shows all of my devices and each device has a list of links.

Yes, I have several ISY backups.

It sounds like a Delete Modem (PLM) was issued.   Was that function every used?

If so the PLM link information is gone from the ISY.   Need to go back to an earlier ISY backup and then do a Restore Modem (PLM).

To my knowledge I have not issued the Delete Modem (PLM) option.

I will go to a previous ISY backup and try to do a Restore Modem (PLM)

Thanks

Then I would recommend restoring a recent backup and trying the restore PLM again per LeeG's suggestion.  Try to make sure there is no Insteon traffic during the restore.

-Xathros

To my knowledge I have not issued the Delete Modem (PLM) option.

I will go to a previous ISY backup and try to do a Restore Modem (PLM)

Thanks

Then I would recommend restoring a recent backup and trying the restore PLM again per LeeG's suggestion.  Try to make sure there is no Insteon traffic during the restore.

-Xathros

I updated the ISY from a backup from about a month ago. (Figured any thing newer might also be defective).  I then used 'Restore Devices' which ran very slowly for the first 10% on the bar chart then completed quickly. My PLM now shows 28 items in the PLM Links Table which is an improvement. Looks like it is fixed but I will wait until tonight when my sunset based programs should execute.

Thanks for the help.

28 links is still a very small number.  How many devices do you have?  Any multinode devices like KPL's?

Do the show plm links/count again as any insteon traffic arriving during the show will throw off the pointer and result in fewer or more than actual number of links.

-Xathros

Archived