IOLinc Status not recognized by ISY

GuyBooth

I am trying to use a change in the IOLinc Relay Status to trigger an action on my ISY, using the momentary time to create a time delay.

The program code is very simple:

If
  Status  'CR112 Sump Alarm-Relay' is On
Then
  Set 'CR102 Lamp Dimmer' On 

When I set the IOLinc options to "Latching" the system works as expected.

When I set the IOLinc options to "Momentary" the following results:

When the Sensor is turned On, the Relay clicks ON and the CR102 Lamp Dimmer turns on. ISY shows the Relay Status as ON

After the Momentary Delay period (default 2 secs) the Relay clicks OFF, but nothing else happens. ISY shows no change in the IOLinc Relay status. If I Query the IOLinc from ISY the status then changes to OFF and the CR102 Lamp Dimmer turns off as it should.

I really need the status change to reflect back to ISY without my having to Query it. Why doesn't this happen?

Since the IOLinc turns itself off, it doesn't notify ISY that is has done so.

I created a program such that whenever the IOLinc turns on, wait 2 seconds, and turn it off (even though it's already off).

Too bad. I was trying to use the built in timer capabilities of the momentary contacts. I can program around it.

What is the sensor you are using. It is always better to use the sensor status rather than the relay status when possible.

Using the momentary contacts with the timer would serve to debounce the input in case of power outage. Yes it can be programmed but I prefer to do as much as possible at the lowest level.

Actually, looking back over things, I don't see why you have any delay, nor do I quite understand what you are trying to accomplish.

As soon as the relay turns on, ISY should notice, and turn on 'CR102 Lamp Dimmer'.  It won't be immediate, but it shouldn't be long, and as far as I know, has nothing to do with the duration of the momentary relay.

Another way to do it is to use two programs. This allows for a more controlled environment and bypasses the relay status.

(program one)

If

Control 'CR112 Sump Sensor' is On

run program two (then path)

(program two)

Then

Set 'CR102 Lamp Dimmer' On 

Wait x minutes

Set 'CR102 Lamp Dimmer' Off

The purpose of this is to trigger a specific program after power is restored. However, I need to give the power supply and the PLM enough time to stabilize before triggering the program - preferably about 5 secs.

At this time the only way I can see to do it is to use a timer relay, but I didn't want to add bits and pieces.

How do you know when power is restored?   When the relay turns on?  What turns the relay on?

As I mentioned, the relay being turned on and ISY noticing isn't controlled by the delay in the duration settings of the IOLinc.

If you want a delay, use an ISY program with a delay.

Archived