Need advice for resolving duplcate scenes created with "Add Devices Found in Links.."

paulbates

I am new ISY user coming from another HA package. I was able to get all my devices added to the ISY by adding devices with "add devices found in links and keep existing links". My network has a lot of lighting controlled from the switch controller to the lighting controller, deleting those links would disable existing functionality

When I did this, I ended up with 48 scenes, numbered 4 through 136, with some duplicate scene numbers. The duplicate scenes have links to different devices in them. I need to both rename the scenes to make sense to my set up, and resolve duplicate scenes and delete them.

I believe i can figure this out by walking through the devices rename scenes logically. The problem I have is where there are multiple scenes with the same number and different scene contents. I think this is what I should do to resolve this

1. Write all the scene numbers down and note duplicates
  2. Go through my ISY list by device/controller.
    • Look at the associated "is a controller for"
    • Look at the associated "is a responder for"
    • validate that the scene contents make sense and/or fix
    • rename "is a controller for" scenes and cross each off the list as I resolve them
  3. assume I can delete the remaining duplicate scene numbers left over at the end
  4. verify the final links for devices that are affected by duplicate scene numbers

Does this sound like the right approach, any recommendations?

Paul

post-5496-0-69396500-1407090151_thumb.jpg

Archived