Weather module: finding a station

ravedog

I just bought the weather module, and went to the config screen, not knowing how to find a staton near me using their website, I clicked FIND then types Las Vegas, and it presented a window "Stations near Las Vegas" that had no results on it.

When I clicked the LOCATE ME button, it pops up with a window filled with non-editable fields pre-filled (and a zip code not exactly close). When I click OK, it returns the same window "stations near 89044" with no results, as above.

I am running 4.2.8 ISY and console. (Sys, jAva cache cleared and app restarted).

Any ideas?

Update: just for the hell of it, I entered "Los Angeles" into find... Returns no results either....

How do I find any station on their website also? I can only enter a zip and it just shows me the weather... Was hoping to get a list of all stations available in Vegas.

Update: as of this evening, the find works. Brings up the city and allows me to select a station. Properly fetches data.

Bugs and observations: when you click "find me" and it presents a window filled with my location data, when you click ok, it takes the zip code and enters it into the search box. Evidently, the search box does not like zip codes as this method still returns no results. Bug?

Wish list: it would be nice than when ham weather returns a list of stations, that there could be a link to click on that would take you to a map showing the locations of each station so as to select the closest ones. As it stands, the station names mean nothing and the calculated distances are irrelevant because it's based on the city's center. I had to take each lat long from the list and enter it into google maps to see the location of each item in the table. Not fun.

Update: as of this evening, the find works. Brings up the city and allows me to select a station. Properly fetches data.

Bugs and observations: when you click "find me" and it presents a window filled with my location data, when you click ok, it takes the zip code and enters it into the search box. Evidently, the search box does not like zip codes as this method still returns no results. Bug?

Wish list: it would be nice than when ham weather returns a list of stations, that there could be a link to click on that would take you to a map showing the locations of each station so as to select the closest ones. As it stands, the station names mean nothing and the calculated distances are irrelevant because it's based on the city's center. I had to take each lat long from the list and enter it into google maps to see the location of each item in the table. Not fun.

+1 on this request as I was completely confused how the system indicated a station was only 2 KMS from me. When in fact it was more than 12 KMS!  :x

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem reported in the original post in this thread:  I click Find and enter a city, but the resulting "Areas containing xxxxx" window shows no results.  This happens for any value I type in the find box.  And it hasn't magically started working for me!  :-)

I just upgraded to a new 994i PRO with 4.2.10 firmware and UI.  I updated to latest java (windows 7 machine) and cleared the java cache with no change.

What does work for me is entering four-letter airport codes of major airports (KXXX) directly into the Location ID box and clicking Save.  I then get current data for that airport.

What have I missed and how can I get Find working?  I'd like to use a station closer than the nearest airport, which isn't close enough to be useful.

Thanks.

Archived