How to read temperature log from Insteon thermostat linked to ISY449?

max90034

I think I found how to read the temperature log. I have different question now. I use this thermostat to monitor temperature in the freezer. It seems that Insteon thermostat shows T correctly down to 0F. However when temperature becomes negative it it starts to show smth like 127F. Is there a way to make it logging negative temperature correctly?

there's not a separate log for the thermostat. if you look at your ISY log you'll find entries for the thermostat's temperature. you could also have the ISY email you the current temperature every xx minutes, etc. that could be done with a simple program.

Update - I just saw your second post. The specs show the operating range for the thermostat as 39 to 104 degrees, so it probably won't work for the freezer

I fully agree that the stat itself should be located in a normal room environment. However it does support an external sensor, and that can be located in more extreme temperatures. The ZTH  displays that value in a special spot on the thermostat's screen.  The question is, can the ISY read that special external temperature value.

Absolutely, so long as that temp is in the published specs.   The specs do not say the range is 39-104 degrees using the internal temp sensor and some other range when using an external sensor.  I have to believe an external sensor is being used now.  Who would place a 2441ZTH inside a freezer to begin with.   It is RF only so transmission is not likely inside a freezer let alone what that temp would do to the function of a device rated for 39-104 degrees.    

I have two 2441ZTH thermostats connected, each with a completely different firmware version. ISY994i has no listing for either of these devices in it's pulldown device listings. I assume it was never supported properly and working with 2441TH's device  setup somehow.

The older firmware t'stat unit can be set by ISY whereas the newer unit cannot. The mode settings function  the same.  My ISY with r4.2.5 can set the newer f/w unit's clock, now.  Previous ISY f/w versions could not. ISY's Inc/Dec temp commend does not function with either 2441ZTH's despite being able to fully read and set the temp  set-points on the older f/w 2441ZTH unit.

There is no spot in ISY's device setup to read the remote probe temperature in either f/w version, even if the 2441ZT units did send an external probe's temperature.

Archived