Annoying glitch - is this and ISY or ELK issue?

MWareman

OK - very - very bugger forum software it seems. I had a whole post - and everything after the first quote got lost. Grrrr.....

I'll try again.

I have two programs to notify me via Pushover.net of the armed status of my Elk.

If
        Elk Area 'Area 1' 'Armed State' is Armed Stay
Then
        Resource 'Pushover GP - Alarm Armed Stay'
Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')
(This is repeated for 'Stay', 'Stay Instant', 'Night' etc..)

If
        Elk Area 'Area 1' 'Arm Up State' is Armed Fully
Then
        Resource 'Pushover GP - Alarm Fully Armed'
Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

When I arm the system, I get a pushover ping 'Arm Stay' and immediately I also get 'Fully Armed'. Then, 30 seconds later (after the exit timer) - I get a second (and correct now) 'Fully Armed'. Why do I get the first 'Fully Armed'?

There is an entry in the Wiki that may help:

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:ELK_Security_Module#Program_Examples

"The Elk system itself sends events Armed Away, Armed Fully, Armed with Exit Timer, and Armed Fully in that order. We are uncertain as to why ELK sends the first Armed Fully. The workaround is to put a 2 or 3 second wait at the start of your program"

Hmmm. That problem is when I hit 'Stay', both programs immediately trigger. Then, 30 seconds later, the second program triggers again.

I lean with Chris here - I think Elk is sending a bogus 'Fully Armed' signal. How exactly would a delay help this?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived