Programming to use Irrigation Module w/current Odd/Even Laws

DWalker

I am wondering if anyone has already created a program to run their sprinklers to use the irrigation module while at the same time only running the system on Odd or Even Days. I have already loaded in the variables from the "Day Month Year" programs found on Wiki, so my system does know if its an odd day or an even day. I have set up program to run my sprinklers at 4am and 11:30 pm. The folder the program is in has a condition set to only allow the program to run on Even days.

My questions are:

-Will the irrigation module work properly when it only runs every other day?

-I like to run my sprinklers more times for less often to allow the soil to absorb more and minimize run-off, is that do-able?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi DWalker,

1. Yes, irrigation module works properly but you may have too large of a irrigation requirement after two days

2. In the same cycle? If not, yes, certainly. Please note that irrigation requirements get updated if and only if:

- You issue Cycle Complete ... 

- Amount of rain at the end of day ...

So, you may want to do Cycle Complete only after you are done with the rest of the zones (not just sprinklers).

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, Thanks for the response. I put some thought into it and I think I have my solution at hand.

1. I have created a folder with the condition to only run programs on Even Days.
  2. Inside the folder, I have three active programs, one for 11pm, one for 1am and one for 4am.
  3. Each Program checks that Irrigation requirements exceeds .02 inches (which is what I will shoot for in each cycle
  4. Each Program will run through all zones (included Drip for the bushes) and end with letting the Irrigation Module know the cycle is complete

With this set-up, my system will run every night, while still keeping me in compliance with the new ordinances. Sometimes it runs before midnight and sometimes it runs after midnight, but it will get water every night. By adding in the 4am cycle, there should be plenty of opportunity to catch up on the days that we need more water (like our many heat waves) and since it's monitoring the actuall needs of adding water, I can skip cycles in the cool months as needed.

Archived