ISY and PLM Communication Confirmation

pjjameso

If I have the ISY (network, etc) on an UPS and a micro 2443 (also on UPS) sends a signal that power has been removed from the sense line, will the ISY keep trying to send the message to the PLM until the PLM (not on UPS) responds?

Would like to keep the PLM off the UPS so I can continue to use the power line mode.

If I have the ISY (network, etc) on an UPS and a micro 2443 (also on UPS) sends a signal that power has been removed from the sense line, will the ISY keep trying to send the message to the PLM until the PLM (not on UPS) responds?

Would like to keep the PLM off the UPS so I can continue to use the power line mode.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

This is a follow on to this thread http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/13915-micro-onoff-sense-for-generator-status/.

What I am trying to do is send a text message when the status of two 2443-222 micro switches detects power on sense line 1. I have sense power running from the transfer switch such that when utility power is on it triggers the 2443 and a program (see below) sends a text message.  Same for the generator side, when it fires up it triggers the second 2443 and a program sends a text message. A third programs looks at the status of the two 2443 and if the utility has power and the generator has power it sends a text message that the generator is in exercise mode.

The 2443 and the ISY are on UPS however I noticed some reliability degradation when I plugged the PLM into the UPS negating the power line transmissions.

The generator fires up and transfers load within 30 seconds of utility power failure. Of course if it doesnt nothing will get sent which is why I initially tried to place the PLM on the UPS.  Suppose I could put a wait statement in the programs.  Any suggestions as to program or hardware modifications would be appreciated.

Generator Power On

If

Control 'Power Source / Generator Power' is switched On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Me Text' content 'Generator Power On'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Generator Power Off

If
        Control 'Power Source / Generator Power' is switched Off

Then
        Send Notification to 'Me Text' content 'Generator Power Off'

Else

Generator Exercise

If
        Control 'Power Source / Generator Power' is switched On
    And Status  'Power Source / Utility Power' is On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Me Text' content 'Generator Exercise Mode'

Else

Utility Power On

If
        Control 'Power Source / Utility Power' is switched On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Me Text' content 'Utility Power On'

Else

Archived