Admin Console - Disapearing Programs

DBaldwin

When I log into my ISY-26 (Firmware 2.6.0) for the last two weeks, I can see the devices listed under MAIN and can turn on or turn off devices without a problem.

However, when I go to the Program Summary, none of my programs are displayed. If I go to Program Details, the only item that shows is the My Programs folder which is shown as open but there are no programs. If I exit the Admin Console and re-enter it complete with log in a number of times, eventually all of my programs will magically appear.

The programs or code are there because they continue to operate correctly. I usually only access the Admin Console when I want to modify or create a new program. I have not figured out any ryme or reason as to what it takes to make the programs suddenly reappear.

Very Frustrating.

For fixes, I've tried clearing my Java Cache and have done a hard reset all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Hello Dave,

Yes. This is usually due to Firewall software. What firewall software do you have and have you taken a look at this forum to see if yours is listed http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewforum.php?f=3 ?

If you still experience difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll figure it out for you.

With kind regards,

Michel

When I log into my ISY-26 (Firmware 2.6.0) for the last two weeks, I can see the devices listed under MAIN and can turn on or turn off devices without a problem.

However, when I go to the Program Summary, none of my programs are displayed. If I go to Program Details, the only item that shows is the My Programs folder which is shown as open but there are no programs. If I exit the Admin Console and re-enter it complete with log in a number of times, eventually all of my programs will magically appear.

The programs or code are there because they continue to operate correctly. I usually only access the Admin Console when I want to modify or create a new program. I have not figured out any ryme or reason as to what it takes to make the programs suddenly reappear.

Very Frustrating.

For fixes, I've tried clearing my Java Cache and have done a hard reset all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Hello Dave,

Yes. This is usually due to Firewall software. What firewall software do you have and have you taken a look at this forum to see if yours is listed http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewforum.php?f=3 ?

If you still experience difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll figure it out for you.

With kind regards,

Michel

You were so right. It was my firewall, Zone Alarm, but I had already set the IP address correctly. The problem appears to be that under the Prgram Control, the Java Console was not given "Trusted" status. I changed the status to "Trusted" and tried entering the Admin Console twice and had access to my programs both times. I expect the problem is now fixed. The only thing that I can think of that might have changed was about two weeks ago there was an unsolicited Java update and some how that might have modified my Zone Alarm settings.

In any case, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. When it comes to support, you guys totally exceed any ones expectations. Way to Go! :D

You were so right. It was my firewall, Zone Alarm, but I had already set the IP address correctly. The problem appears to be that under the Prgram Control, the Java Console was not given "Trusted" status. I changed the status to "Trusted" and tried entering the Admin Console twice and had access to my programs both times. I expect the problem is now fixed. The only thing that I can think of that might have changed was about two weeks ago there was an unsolicited Java update and some how that might have modified my Zone Alarm settings.

In any case, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. When it comes to support, you guys totally exceed any ones expectations. Way to Go! :D

Well, in this case, I spoke too soon. :? Yes the programs are back but only with the name of the program. I can edit and modify the programs but none of the other columns have information in them.

The problem appears to be either a conflict between Zone Alarm and Java or having to do with my settings within Zone Alarm.

If I turn Zone Alarm off completely, then all of the columns are filled with data.

I've gone through all of the settings within Zone Alarm and given my local network full trust with anything to do with Java. I didn't see any sort of programs in the Program Control section other than Java that I thought might relate directly to My Lighting or keep it from fully displaying the data.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to attack this. :cry: However, Zone alarm is my problem, not yours. I can't expect you to be able to fix everything although from my observations you sure as he!! try to. :)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update and so very sorry for the troubles you are having.

Zone Alarm is our problem; we have to make sure ISY works with most (if not all) firewall software out there.

For Zone Alarm, you must add ISY's complete URL in the trusted list (not just Java). And, to do so, you have to make sure that you remove the previous entry with the previous port number. To ensure that you are not going to have this problem again, perhaps you might want to assign a static IP address to your ISY.

Please do keep us posted.

With kind regards,

Michel

Well, in this case, I spoke too soon. :? Yes the programs are back but only with the name of the program. I can edit and modify the programs but none of the other columns have information in them.

The problem appears to be either a conflict between Zone Alarm and Java or having to do with my settings within Zone Alarm.

If I turn Zone Alarm off completely, then all of the columns are filled with data.

I've gone through all of the settings within Zone Alarm and given my local network full trust with anything to do with Java. I didn't see any sort of programs in the Program Control section other than Java that I thought might relate directly to My Lighting or keep it from fully displaying the data.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to attack this. :cry: However, Zone alarm is my problem, not yours. I can't expect you to be able to fix everything although from my observations you sure as he!! try to. :)

Hi Dave,

Zone Alarm is our problem; we have to make sure ISY works with most (if not all) firewall software out there.

For Zone Alarm, you must add ISY's complete URL in the trusted list (not just Java). And, to do so, you have to make sure that you remove the previous entry with the previous port number. To ensure that you are not going to have this problem again, perhaps you might want to assign a static IP address to your ISY.

With kind regards,

Michel

OK, I may be a little confused. I do have a static IP address assigned to the ISY. It is 192.168.0.102. I also have that IP address assigned to the ISY in my trusted network in Zone Alarm. Where I am a little confused is in the port number. If I look at the ISY's html address it is 192.168.0.102:64290/0/p.html. Is the 64290 the port number or is it something different?

Hi Dave, that is the port.

How do you access your ISY? Through our website or using its own static URL?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Dave,

With kind regards,

Michel

OK, I may be a little confused. I do have a static IP address assigned to the ISY. It is 192.168.0.102. I also have that IP address assigned to the ISY in my trusted network in Zone Alarm. Where I am a little confused is in the port number. If I look at the ISY's html address it is 192.168.0.102:64290/0/p.html. Is the 64290 the port number or is it something different?

With kind regards,

Michel

Interesting question. :oops: I access it via a shortcut on my "Desktop" but just now I looked at the shortcuts properties and I fail to see any information regarding how I'm connecting. I assumed it was by using its own static URL. I also just checked my local network connections and fail to see an Icon for My Lighting. I may have more things buggered up here than I realized.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Please try the following:

1. Login using http:/www.universal-devices.com/99i

2. While there, go to Help->About and write down the value for My URL

3. Next, type the value you found in step 2 in a browser

Please let me know if the programs show up in either 1, 3, both or neither.

With kind regards,

Michel

With kind regards,

Michel

Interesting question. :oops: I access it via a shortcut on my "Desktop" but just now I looked at the shortcuts properties and I fail to see any information regarding how I'm connecting. I assumed it was by using its own static URL. I also just checked my local network connections and fail to see an Icon for My Lighting. I may have more things buggered up here than I realized.

Dave

Hi Dave,

With kind regards,

Michel

Login shows up just fine and following login all columns with the exception of Name & Path are blank in the Program Summary Screen. Of course, this is version 2.7 of the Admin Console.

Same results as above in 1 with the excpetion that I am not using ver 2.7 of the Admin Console. I have no idea what version I am using nor how to update to 2.7.

In any case, the results are the same when I use the Icon on my desktop, when I did #1 and when I did #3.

Would you agree that it pretty much points toward Zone Alarm as the culprit?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks so very much and apologies for a tardy reply. Yes, I do believe it's ZoneAlarm but I cannot expect ISY clients to turn off their firewall software just to use ISY.

May I ask what version of ZoneAlarm do you have?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Dave,

With kind regards,

Michel

Login shows up just fine and following login all columns with the exception of Name & Path are blank in the Program Summary Screen. Of course, this is version 2.7 of the Admin Console.

Same results as above in 1 with the excpetion that I am not using ver 2.7 of the Admin Console. I have no idea what version I am using nor how to update to 2.7.

In any case, the results are the same when I use the Icon on my desktop, when I did #1 and when I did #3.

Would you agree that it pretty much points toward Zone Alarm as the culprit?

Dave

Archived