Latest Versions of Devices

ulrick65

Anyone know if there is a list somewhere of version numbers of devices? I am guessing that there are differences in firmware, revs, etc.

I am particularly interested in the 2476D and what version (if any) I should stay away from and what the differences are.

Thanks.

Hello Ulrick65,

We have not had any problems with 2476Ds regardless of the version. We have had many problems with KeypadLincs ... make sure yours is not 1.5 and 1.6.

With kind regards,

Michel

Anyone know if there is a list somewhere of version numbers of devices? I am guessing that there are differences in firmware, revs, etc.

I am particularly interested in the 2476D and what version (if any) I should stay away from and what the differences are.

Thanks.

What is the difference in versions? I searched all over Smarthomes website and can't find anything that speaks to version differences, firmware, etc.

I bought 23 2476D's off ebay last night....which is why I was wondering. These are used units, but were only used in a builders show demo home. In the box, wire nuts, instructions, etc.

Hello again,

You would not find that information anywhere.

As far as 2476Ds, the older ones used to have tact problems.

With kind regards,

Michel

What is the difference in versions? I searched all over Smarthomes website and can't find anything that speaks to version differences, firmware, etc.

I bought 23 2476D's off ebay last night....which is why I was wondering. These are used units, but were only used in a builders show demo home. In the box, wire nuts, instructions, etc.

You may also want to go to the Smarthome web sites page for the model switch you bought. There should be a link to the Full Users Manual. It can be a great help with much more data then on the Quick Users Guides in the box.

Since they where in a demo home. I would do a Factory Reset on all of them to clear out any cobwebs. Even new ones; it is a good idea to Factory Reset any Insteon modules. Seems some get shipped with test data in them.

Thanks for the info....and good point on the reset. Someone pointed that out to me already once, but to be painfully honest, I forgot about that already and since these are all in boxes, I probably would have just went on with setting them up! That will be a good habit to get into, even on the new ones.

Thanks.

Archived