New 2413S PLM - What version do you have?

Teken

I just received my replacement 2413S PLM from Smarthome. The stickers on the back indicate a production date of 1425, and v1.C hardware revision.

Haven't gotten the chance to add it into the ISY to see what the controller says it is. I am interested to hear what others have received in the last few weeks. 

This is more for data tracking for those who care to do so.

v1.C is more likely the hardware revision. I have not seen Firmware Stickers on Insteon Modules in a real long time.

My hardware 1.B has firmware 9B as reported by the PLM Information choice in the Tools Diagnostics screen.

Brian H,

You're right! 

I phat fingered that initial reply it should have said hardware instead of firmware.  :cry:  Now, does anyone want to guess if this new 2413S PLM has better capacitors? 

Brian H,

You're right! 

I phat fingered that initial reply it should have said hardware instead of firmware.  :cry:  Now, does anyone want to guess if this new 2413S PLM has better capacitors? 

My bet is no.  Why mess with perfection.  They have it worked out so that it consistently dies 2 months after the warranty.  Think of all the lost sales.

My bet is no.  Why mess with perfection.  They have it worked out so that it consistently dies 2 months after the warranty.  Think of all the lost sales.

I am not even going to add my comment to that!  :mrgreen: But, you have to be impressed that their MTBF is so very close to 2 years!

I wanted to update this thread that one of our members who received the TEST PLM had the same 1C hardware and firmware. That information can be found in this related thread: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/13815-another-all-on-event/

Incidentally, my current PLM is using the same hardware and firmware (9B) as Brian H. I have not seen this All On issue since deploying my Insteon network more than five years ago.

• 2 months later...

I ran across this thread after ordering my isy994izw

I also had ordered the plm from amazon.

I got nervous that I may have wanted direct from smarthome in order to get the newer firmware model.

I put the order in at smarthome as well and to my surprise it was black Friday special.

I got the amazon one today which I plan to return once I get my order and see what the smarthome one is.

I have no way of knowing the firmware yet but the stickers on the back say

Rev 2.0

30.DE.B8

I also had ordered the palm from amazon.

I got nervous that I may have wanted direct from smarthome in order newer firmware model.

I put the order in at smarthome as well and to my surprise it was black Friday special.

I got the amazon one today which I plan to return once I get my order and see what the smarthome one is.

Rev 2.0

30.DE.B8

It's best you order directly from SH to avoid any warranty issues should they arise. Some customers have indicated they received push back when they bought the items from third party outlets like HD, Amazon.

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NOTE: If the vendor is listed as Smarthome in the Amazon vendor list. That is fine to make your purchase via Amazon as some members have the prime account which also provides them reduced or free shipping.

Just read who the actual seller is in the Amazon portal.

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

I also had ordered the plm from amazon.

I got nervous that I may have wanted direct from smarthome in order to get the newer firmware model.

Rev 2.0

30.DE.B8

The code suggests a production date between September 22, 2014 and September 28, 2014.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived