isy99i

Dodger

I just started setting up the system.

I have six rooms set up with three to five diferent devices in them.

They all set up great,when I look at the system it tells me when the devices are on or off.

I then tried to set up a remotelinc each room is set up to use a different button and the remotelinc works fine. But when I do the setup in the isy99i . everything shows up but it does not show any on or off status. The remotelinc work fine.

please help,

Dodger :cry:

Did you add the RemoteLinc to the ISY, and create the links to your devices through the ISY?

Or did you link the RemoteLinc to your devices manually using the TAP method?

For the ISY to be aware of things, you need to be sure you create your links through the ISY. It's also a faster way to do it, especially as your scenes get more complex.

Mike.

I think I did it threw the ISY.

went to the menu and selected link remotelinc

pressed the number 1 remotelinc button the pressed ok.

When It was done the six buttons showed up in the IST but it does not give a status.

Did I do something wrong?

Sorry people I must be explaining something wrong.

When I started doing the setup. I pluged in all the devices

3 appliancelincs

14 outlet lincs

4 access points

3 appiancelincs

I linked everything in groups of rooms.

so on my universal Devices Adminstrative Console it reads like

Network

My lighting

Then the names I gave the six rooms I use. over in the Membership window it has the name of the room just like it is to the left but it has a + sign and under that it has is managed by.

Everything works great current State shows device on when on and off when off.

So I decided to program the remoteLinc.

Button one programed to room one and all devices in that room , Button two programed to room two and all the devices in that room, and so on.

Worked great and all buttons work great. The current state never changed when I turned off or on anything but the remote linc did turn things off and on like I programed.

Then I went to Link management to link the remotelinc

I followed the directions and it sets up six colored squares with the right window now has number 55.33.dc.1 and so on then it has manages then is managed by. but the current status never changed

55.33.dc.1

55.22.dc.2

55.22.dc.3

And so on for all six rooms

For those six things their is nothing in the current status window.

But remotelinc does work. But when I get on the computer I can not tell if it is on or off.

Dodger :?

Dodger,

Hello!

If you do not get any status feedback from your RemoteLinc (in ISY), then there is something wrong. We have had occasional issues with some of the RemoteLincs not reporting their status. What you need to try is this:

1. Factory Reset your RemoteLinc

2. Put the RemoteLinc in Programming Mode

3. Click on any of the buttons for that RemoteLinc in ISY and choose RestoreDevice

Please let us know how this works out.

With kind regards,

Michel

Sorry people I must be explaining something wrong.

When I started doing the setup. I pluged in all the devices

3 appliancelincs

14 outlet lincs

4 access points

3 appiancelincs

I linked everything in groups of rooms.

so on my universal Devices Adminstrative Console it reads like

Network

My lighting

Then the names I gave the six rooms I use. over in the Membership window it has the name of the room just like it is to the left but it has a + sign and under that it has is managed by.

Everything works great current State shows device on when on and off when off.

So I decided to program the remoteLinc.

Button one programed to room one and all devices in that room , Button two programed to room two and all the devices in that room, and so on.

Worked great and all buttons work great. The current state never changed when I turned off or on anything but the remote linc did turn things off and on like I programed.

Then I went to Link management to link the remotelinc

I followed the directions and it sets up six colored squares with the right window now has number 55.33.dc.1 and so on then it has manages then is managed by. but the current status never changed

55.33.dc.1

55.22.dc.2

55.22.dc.3

And so on for all six rooms

For those six things their is nothing in the current status window.

But remotelinc does work. But when I get on the computer I can not tell if it is on or off.

Dodger :?

Sorry I said perfect to soon. Two things are now happening.

1, When I go to the icon that has the sq. with five green and one red dot at Mynetwork my lighting it has the names I used to setup remote link and also the names of all deivices in each room ,single device. When I press the remotelinc the status will change. But when I go to each device I can not do anything turn off or on with the computer .

Example I have a outletlinc and appliancelinc in a room called kitchen, I can turn the whole room on or off using the remotelinc. But I can not turn on or off just one item on the computer. Everything only runs off remotelinc.

2. I started to get this error message at start up

Socket open failed jave.net.socket.timeout exception.

Did I program everything wrong? Should I start over? What should I do first?

Please help

:(

Hello Dodger,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. I think it all has to do with the error you are receiving. Please do NOT start fresh or do a factory reset.

All you have to do is to figure out which firewall software you have and then see whether or not we have a resolution for it here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... f=3&sid=30

If not, please do let us know and we'll get it taken care of.

With kind regards,

Michel

Sorry I said perfect to soon. Two things are now happening.

1, When I go to the icon that has the sq. with five green and one red dot at Mynetwork my lighting it has the names I used to setup remote link and also the names of all deivices in each room ,single device. When I press the remotelinc the status will change. But when I go to each device I can not do anything turn off or on with the computer .

Example I have a outletlinc and appliancelinc in a room called kitchen, I can turn the whole room on or off using the remotelinc. But I can not turn on or off just one item on the computer. Everything only runs off remotelinc.

2. I started to get this error message at start up

Socket open failed jave.net.socket.timeout exception.

Did I program everything wrong? Should I start over? What should I do first?

Please help

:(

Mike,

The protection against web threat was off.

Seems to be working good today. No error message

When I press a button on remotelinc the status shows up on the scene section. It changes from on to off or off to on.

The individual device stays the same does not change until I change it in the computer. Is this how it should work?

I wish there was a way to save the main menu so you could see how I have it set up.

Under network my lighting it is something like this

Network

My lighting

Living room light

Living room TV

Living room fan

Living room, which is button 1 that has all three above devices linc to it

This is how I set up every room, when I push button 1 on remotelinc the following happens in status

Living room light OFF

Living room TV OFF

Living room fan OFF

Living room ON

Is this how it should work? I am able to change each separate device in the computer

Living room light on

Living room TV off

Living room fan on

Living room off

Sorry for the long note but this is my first set up

Mike,

The protection against web threat was off.

Seems to be working good today. No error message

When I press a button on remotelinc the status shows up on the scene section. It changes from on to off or off to on.

The individual device stays the same does not change until I change it in the computer. Is this how it should work?

I wish there was a way to save the main menu so you could see how I have it set up.

Under network my lighting it is something like this

Network

My lighting

Living room light

Living room TV

Living room fan

Living room, which is button 1 that has all three above devices linc to it

It sounds like you haven't put all the devices into the scene.

This is how it should look with a Scene called Living Room:

Network
    My lighting
         Living room light
         Living room TV
         Living room fan
         Living room
            Remote Linc 1
            Living room light
            Living room TV
            Living room fan

Drag and drop the devices into the scene. The RemoteLinc should be colored red to designate it as the controller.

When you select Living Room the right side panes should display all the responders that belong to the scene.

Rand

Rand,

This what it shows

Network

My lighting

Living room light

Living room TV

Living room fan

Living room

Their is nothing in living room When I try to drag and drop it gives me O with an / threw it will not let me drag and drop.

Is the system setup wrong?

:oops:

I am new at this :( trying to learn

Rand,

This what it shows

Network

My lighting

Living room light

Living room TV

Living room fan

Living room

Their is nothing in living room When I try to drag and drop it gives me O with an / threw it will not let me drag and drop.

Is the system setup wrong?

I am new at this :( trying to learn

I don't think you have created a Scene. Click on the gadget that is round with two green and one yellow light. Or use the menu Link Management/New Scene.

This will make a new entry in My Lighting with the round symbol next to the name. Then drag and drop as I typed in the previous post.

Let me know what happens,

Rand

Rand,

This is what I have now

Network

My lighting

All have light bulbs next to it

Living room light

Living room TV

Living room fan

Living room

Has a box next to it , in the box has 3 round green dots, two blue triangles and one red square

Living room setup

Has a pie with three circles in it

In that are

Living room light

Living room TV

Living room fan

I was able to drag devices to the scene.

Should I have all this other stuff?

Thanks for your help

Rand,

This is what I have now

Network

My lighting

Living room light

Living room TV

Living room fan

Living room

Has a box next to it , in the box has 3 round green dots, two blue triangles and one red square

Living room setup

Has a pie with three circles in it

In that are

Living room light

Living room TV

Living room fan

I was able to drag devices to the scene.

Should I have all this other stuff?

Thanks for your help

Yes, you should have all that. Now you can control Living room setup with the computer, right? All devices react at once?

Good. Now drag the RemoteLinc button for the Living Room to that Scene.

Rand

Rand,

I would like to add a keypadlinc 8 key to the system to do the same thing the remotelinc does.

1 turn conected light on/off

2 living room

3 bed room 1

4 bed room 2

5 bed room 3

6 bed room 4

7 office

8 all on/ all off

I have the Keypadlinc Dimmer 8 key. I do not need the dimmer, all I want the device to do is turn on or off. Can I still use the dimmer keypadlinc ? How would I set it up in my system?

Thanks

Good to read Dodger!

You can use a KPL button. Just drag it into your Living room setup for the Living room. You have to create a scene for each button on the KPL if you don't already have one for the various rooms. Even if you only want to control one device you must create a scene to link the device and the controller.

You can add as many controllers as you like for each scene. Each controller can affect the responders uniquely. You can turn some devices on and others off by using a different button if you wish.

There is a KPL relay available but if you are using a lamp (compact fluorescent?) a dimmer can be used. Be sure to use the quickest ramp rate and 100% on level.

Rand

• 4 weeks later...

Rand,

The system has been working great. But now I have been having some problems.

How do you set up a KPL button for each scene? That is one thing I never set up. I do not understand how to do it. Please explain. Simple terms. Remember I am very new at this.

I have one device that started to give me problems. It is a light socket and when I pushed button 2 once on the KPL it started to blink. If I pushed it twice very quickly it would shut the device off or on. Now it does not communicate with the device and when I do a reset. It times out.

On that same computer when I try to access this forum it says has no connection. It says some thing about needing a PHP what ever that is.

John

• 3 weeks later...

John, sorry I didn't see this sooner :(

To use each button on a KPL as a controller make a new scene and include the KPL button and the devices you want to control.

When you see a controller flashing that means communication with the device is bad. Sometimes rearranging the AccessPoints can help.

I can't help with the forum bug.

Rand

• 2 months later...

I had to format my hard drive. When I try to set up my isy-99i it will not work tells me that it is not on my network.

It is but I have to get into it the round about way.

How can I delete everything and start over.

John

Hi Dodger,

Please do NOT delete everything as the problem you are experiencing will not be solved by deleting.

What you might want to do is:

1. Reboot ISY

2. Wait a couple of minutes

3. Click on View and Refresh on your Network Dialog

I am assuming you have Windows Vista.

With kind regards,

Michel

I had to format my hard drive. When I try to set up my isy-99i it will not work tells me that it is not on my network.

It is but I have to get into it the round about way.

How can I delete everything and start over.

John

Before I had to do a format I had an Icon on my desk top that I could click on and it would take me to the universal device. Now I have no Icon

I can get to the device but now I have to put in the ip address. How can I get the icon back so it is easer to get to the device?

Hello,

I was able to put the following IP into the address box of Internet explorer and then drag the shortcut down to the desktop for easy access. Before this I was opening ISY via My Lighting (enter password) and then the Admin and enter password again. By using the URL below it seem to cut out a step.

Of course you will have to replace the IP address with the IP your ISY is connected too.

http://192.168.0.102/admin

Regards,

Wayne